Chapter 30: We Met After Years

It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon. That day, I offered to pick up Minho and accompany him to a birthday celebration for one of our mutual friends.

Minho was busy on that day because his office was hosting a fair. I called him from my workplace to ask him to attend the birthday party together, and he agreed.

I parked my car and strolled across the parking lot to Minho's office after arriving. Due to the traffic bottleneck, I came late, and Minho must have been irritated while waiting for me. I dashed to the front desk to speak with the receptionist. Because I've been to Minho's workplace several times, we're already acquainted.

"Is Minho  free right now?" Well, I know that Minho is one of the bosses here, but manners maketh man, right?

"Wait a minute, Yeji. I will call him for you."

There are numerous sets of seats available for guests in the office lobby, so I sat facing the door used for employee entry and exit, hoping to notice Minho's arrival. When someone came out of the door when I was reading a book, I always looked towards the door, hoping it was Minho. No, not him. No, no, no, no, no. However, I was taken aback because someone that  I had been missing for years was getting out of the office!

I was immediately flabbergasted when I was sure that it was Ryujin. I don't know how to describe how I felt at that moment. Just words won't be enough.

"Ryujin?" I asked her and immediately stood up, as if I wanted to be more sure that it was Ryujin. She looked over and it looked like she was also surprised to see me.

"Hey." Ryujin greeted immediately.

She moved over to me as I rose up to approach her. When we were face to face, I felt compelled to embrace her, but for some reason, I refrained myself from doing so.

I never expected to meet Ryujin that day, and I certainly did not expect to see her again after several years. It was a significant day in my life. Of course, I felt a little emotional in those kinds of situations, but I managed to keep it together while I sought to re-establish direct communication with her. I miss her presence, as a friend.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, looking at her face.

"Work, and it's been a week."

"Are you working here?"

"No. I am here for a project, and it was already finished. Today's the last." Her hair is still the same as it was when I first saw it.

She still have the shoulder length hair. The only thing that had changed was the colour. She has turned into a blonde. She is still the same Ryujin after all.

"What are you doing here?" Ryujin asked.

"I-" I want to answer that I was waiting for my boyfriend. However, it was hard when I wanted to say that.

"I have something to do," I replied.

"Work?" asked Ryujin.

Before I answered, Minho suddenly came.

"Let's go, babe?" he came and hugged my waist, while looking at Ryujin because he wanted to know who I was talking to.

"Minho, she is Ryujin," I said to him while gesturing to Ryujin.

Minho smiled at Ryujin as if they already knew each other and then they shook hands with each other. Secretly, I kept trying to look at Ryujin.

"Let's go, Yej. We are going to be late." I answered Minho by giving him a nod.

Like it or not, I had to go. Even though I was reluctant to leave Ryujin, but Minho and I had to hurry up and leave.

Well, Ryujin had cut the ties with everyone including Jisu amd Chaeryeong, except for her family members. That was why I wanted to stay rather than leaving.