Chapter 15: Christopher Chan

Christopher Chan, a university student who was already in his fifth semester in University of Seoul. Majoring in law, making him to have a serious face almost every time I saw and met him. He is my father's friend's eldest son, Mr Bang Chan.

My father introduced him to me when he visited my house together with his father three years back, when I was still in Jeonju. His father is a businessman, majoring in Business Administrations during his years in University of Nottingham, United Kingdom.

My father had requested Chan to assist me in my studies. My father really wanted me to enrol in the University of Seoul, one of the top-ranking universities in Korea. He agreed with my father's request, stating that he will come to my house to tutor me once a week.

I didn't refuse to have him as a tutor, knowing that I was with Yeonjun at that time. I mean, I don't think that he will harm me or anything. He is just one of my acquaintances.

Since then, Chan will visit my home to guide me in my studies. He usually will pay his visit on Sunday nights. We studied in the living room, having a one-on-one tutoring session with him, or in some other times, Jimin will join us. Sometimes my mother will join us too, monitoring us.

Apart from guiding me to study, Chan also likes to chat with me. He talked about himself and his student life on campus. He told me a lot, especially about the campus itself. Every single thing about the campus had been told to me by him, including their student's council. It's just a lot. He also often told stories about other things, including stories about himself and his life.

"I think they really need you, don't they?" I asked, while discussing about his work in his departmental association.

"I don't know."

"What is your position in the association?" I asked. I am definitely interested in the students' association.

"Treasurer."

"Ooh, that's worth it. Can I have some money?" I asked him while putting my hands in front of him, waiting for him to give me his money.

"No, no. I am a treasurer. Not a charity donor."

"You must be a nerd in campus, am I right?" I teased him while chuckling.

"No, I am not. We must be flexible so that we won't be feeling intimidated with other students."

"Do you fight?" I asked, but my mind had travelled to someone who had whiskers on her face.

"Not that kind of naughty. That is intolerable."

"But I don't think so." Pouting, I lowkey trying to defend my Ryuddaeng.

"Anyway, do you want to join me tomorrow?"

"Where to?"

"My university. Don't you want to visit your future university?" he said while smiling at me.

"At what time will we depart?"

"If possible, early in the morning. So that we will be able to grab some breakfast together."

"Early in the morning?"

"Yes."

"Only if I woke up early, then."

Suddenly, my phone rang. I took a look at my phone and smiled. Of course, it was Ryuddaeng. I excused myself from Chan, before going into my room to answer her call.

I rolled my eyes upon hearing her sentences.

"Yeddeong! I caught two mosquitoes!"

"Thus?"