Chapter 14: The Attack

When it was time for a break, Ryujin came to my class and offered to take me to Chou's Cafe. I was adamant about not spending my lunch break with her. I stated that I was too weary to leave class and that I wanted to remain in class. I lied to her, of course. Ryujin, I'm in pain.

After all, we aren't labelled, so I know I shouldn't. We aren't girlfriends, and she isn't courting me either.

"Oh, okay," she said in a disappointed voice.

"Thanks," I said and then she left.

Ryujin is definitely disappointed. And strangely, I immediately felt bad for treating her that way. I also felt guilty because I have judged her on the basis that it is still just an assumption.

'Should I just go to the Chou's Café and confront her about it? It is wiser, Yeji. You obviously don't want to lose your Ryuddaeng.' Quickly I put in the novel I was reading and went straight to the Chou's Cafe.

I walked in the shade of the cloudy sky to meet Ryujin there. At the cafe, I could see that Jisung is having a serious chat with Lia. There are also two other people around them, but I don't know them.

"Where is Ryujin, Chae?" I asked Chaeryeong after I took a seat beside her.

"Ryujin? She is not here yet."

"Okay. I had assumed she had already arrived."

"No, not yet. Perhaps something had arisen. But she normally spends her break here. What's the matter?"

"No, there's nothing."

"Just wait! She'll be coming soon" Jisung shouted as he inhaled the smoke from his cigarette.

"It's fine," I said. "All I want to do now is get back to class."

"Okay, stay safe, Yej. I don't want anything to happen to you since it might cause your Ryuddaeng to go insane." Chaeryeong gave me a wink. When I heard that, I rolled my eyes, but I'm pretty sure I'm a blushing mess.

"Chae?"

"Yes?"

"Can you please inform her that I came here just now?"

"Okay, Yej."

"Thanks, Chae."

Then I left, and when it rained, I was already in my class. My friends are still in the canteen. It's very quiet in class. There is only me. My one and only me. Sitting on the seat, my head was pillowed on my school bag.

It's drizzling heavily outside. They sounded like they were expressing my melancholy feelings at the moment. My emotions were all over the place at the time.

"Ryujin ... where are you? It's raining." The silence became stronger, overpowering me.

Do you know what that feels like? Suppressed feelings. And, the water that came from my eyes made a small stream on my cheek. The silence in the class is louder than the rain outside.

"Ryuddaeng, I am sorry for avoiding you just now. Just, where are you?"

And, when the rain stopped, my friends gradually entered the classroom. I took the textbook from my bag. I took it randomly and immediately read it, just to pretend that everything is okay.

Hyunjin and Minho greeted me when they took their seat just across mine. The break time has not yet ended, there is still time left for us to make small talk.

It was a quite peaceful break when suddenly we heard a motorbike roar from outside the school fence. The loud and noisy roar of the motorbikes had greeted the students and teachers who came out of their classrooms and whereabouts, including me, wanting to know what was going on. There was a frenzy and panic situation in our school.