Chapter 11: Crossword Puzzles

Ryujin had been courting me since the day she visited my house. The progress is too early, am I right? Will spice it up soon. Ryujin will join me during lunch time, together with Chaeryeong and Lia. Minnie and Soyeon will also join us whenever they wanted too.

On that particular day, I was in my Biology class, sitting in a group of four together with Chaeryeong, Minnie and Soyeon. While we were doing an experiment in opening a frog to see its organs, someone knocked on the door. My scrunched face turned into a bright smile upon noticing that Ryujin was the one who had appeared in that situation where I want the earth to swallow me deeply into its core. I didn't want to open the frog.

"Excuse me, sir."

"Yes, what do you want, Ryujin?"

"I am sorry for interrupting you, sir. But I have an important parcel for Yeji." I raised an eyebrow while eyeing her who had started approaching me with a calm smile.

"Here is something for you. But you can only open this tonight. Don't open it too early. You can only open this after dinner."

"Why can't you wait until the school is finished to give me this?" Smiling, I asked her.

"I won't be able to meet you after school."

"But why?"

"I need to prepare for something."

"Alright." Sighing, I took the parcel that she had been holding since she entered the class.

"Hey, cheer up, Yeddeong. We will still meet tomorrow."

"Okay, Ryuddaeng."

"That's my baby. Continue your works in opening that pity frog."

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes.

"You are still beautiful, baby. Remember, open it only after dinner." With that, she left the lab, thanking my teacher for letting her in.

"yOu aRe sTilL bEaUtIfUl, bAbY," Chaeryeong mockingly said while displaying her innocent smile.

"hEy, cHeEr uP, yEDDeOnG," Minnie added, while dancing to Twice's Cheer Up.

I took a scalpel and mockingly stabbed towards both Chaeryeong and Minnie. They avoided it while laughing maniacally at me.

"Don't misuse the scalpel, Ms. Hwang. It is dangerous if you played with it." My teacher said sternly, eyeing my actions, which earned laughs from the three of them.

As Ryujin had said, she didn't join me on the way back home. That was the first time we didn't go home together. There, I walked to the bus stop and waited for the van to pick me up.

Once I got home, I received a call from an unknown number. I declined the call for a few times before deciding to pick it up.

"Hello?"

"..."

"You don't need to call me a lot of times only to stay silent."

"..."

"Fine. I'm hanging up."

"I miss you."

"I hate you."

I hung up the call. I go my phone's setting and block the number. This has been the third time Yeonjun had called me by using different numbers. Didn't he get it when I clearly said that I don't want to be associated with him anymore? I really hate him.

"I CAN'T WAIT FOR ANOTHER TWO DAYS!!! ITZY IS GONNA HAVE A COMEBACK!" Jimin entered my room and jumped on my bed.

"OH MY GOD!!!! I AM SUPER EXCITED!" I shouted together with her, forgetting about the calls that I had been receiving from Yeonjun.