Chapter 1: Me

My name is Hwang Yeji or could be called as Yeji. I am a girl, and I just finished eating my favorite snacks.

My father was an army who was stationed in Gwangju. He was accepted to be a permanent soldier for the South Korea after his mandatory service as an army as per obligated to every South Korean man. He was born in Jeju Island.

Meanwhile, my mother was a fulltime housewife, dealing with our household. She is a really loyal woman, waiting for my father's return from his duty in front of the gate, once in a fortnight. She was born in Yeondu, not far from where our house is located.

Before she was married and brought to Jeonju by my father, my mother was a vocalist in a band which is quite famous in her district. She was a well-known vocalist who had caught my father's attention who was in his duty at the district. Their love story was well-known by the locals there, as my father was once being penalised by his seniors for running away from his daily duty just to meet my mother.

My mother, even though she was still young at that time, was a really famous singer due to her honey-like voice, which could sooth everyone's ears. And until now, she still owns the said soothing voice that could calm everybody from the fire inside them.

To me, her voice is really one in a million. She is a masterpiece. No one can be compared with the sweetness of her voice. She was always ready and willing to sing everywhere, even in the bathroom while taking her bath, or in the kitchen while preparing the food for our small family. She also loves to play the guitar in our not so big living room.

Because of her, music has been becoming a part of our life since I was born. I am glad that she never refuses to tell me her experiences as a musician. She even helped me to be open to everything that had occurred around me, from the smallest place that I am in which is the school, until to the biggest place I could ever thought of, which is the universe. She will always share her knowledge on everything that she had, and even asked me to give my opinion on it from different point of view, she let me to think out of the box, and not only on one side.

I lived in Jeonju since I was still a small baby. However, in early 2020, my father was transferred to Gwangju and that made my mother, me, my little sister, our maid, and all of the things in our house to be moved to Seoul. My father told us that it will be easier for him to visit us as Seoul is much nearer for him to visit us, rather than in Jeonju.

The house that we are currently living in was firstly owned by my grandfather from my mother's side. However, he had died a year before. So, the house was eventually belonged to my grandmother, his loyal wife. The news that we were moving to Seoul made my beloved grandmother happy and even asked us to stay with her, in this home. But unfortunately, the loyalty of my grandmother towards her husband could not be questioned of, as she followed him to the new world of theirs, about a month before we will finally move there, to stay with her.

The house then had become my mother's. It has a really beautiful lawn. It is not too big and not too small, just enough for my mother to plant some flowers and a tangerine tree.

As I followed my family to Seoul, I was transferred to Hanlim Multi Arts School, one of the leading schools in South Korea. To me, this school is the most romantic place in the world, or if it is quite exaggerated, I want to say that it is the most romantic school in Asia. Its buildings are quite old but is still firm in its place.

Right at its entrance, there stood a quite big tree with a lot of branches. A lot of students here believed that the tree is haunted, but I am not afraid of it. However, if I were to be asked to sleep under the tree at night alone, obviously I will be having my second thoughts about it.

Previously, the road in front of my school was a really small road. Its width was only about three metres wide and there were not so many vehicles that used it, including the school van, due to its width that could cause collision if it were used by a lot of vehicles at one time. To reach the school, I need to walk for about 300 metres, which was after I was dropped off at the intersection by the van driver.

Aside from being a romantic place, the school is a place which holds a lot of stories of us, its former students. This is the place where I met someone that I truly loved, the one who used to spend her hours with me, without any complains. And today, I would like to tell all of you about our one and only love story. 

------
A/n: Everything will come to an end, am I right? 🥺

Oh and by the way, I had unpublished this story and decided to review the plot and made some corrections here and there since I am not liking the way I write this story and thus, here I am, re-publishing this story

Don't worry, I am not doing much changes in the storyline. Just some changes on the writings will be made. And I might be adding some new plots to enhance the storyline. And I am so sorry for the really long wait! 

I will start publishing once a week as usual or maybe I will be publishing twice or more in a week, depending on my schedule BECAUSE DUMB ME HAD REGISTERED FOR A SUMMER SCHOOL CAMP STARTING ON 21ST OF AUGUST UNTIL 28TH SEPTEMBER *sighing while thinking of my dumbass actions

Hope you will enjoy the story! <3