They Don't Know About Us

From the Vault (lol)

Just a very short, lil something. I always thought that this song fits S&K  (in my head at least haha)

Non-AU

*****

"You ready?" he asked her as he towered over her crouching figure as she retrieved her bag and water jug from a cubby hole.

She stood up straight, bag slung over her shoulder as she smiled up at him, cheeks flushed from the heat and activity, porcelain skin shining with sweat.

"Yeah," she said breathlessly. "Let me go to the washroom first then we can go."

Sean nodded as they both weaved through the crowd, smiling and nodding at some familiar faces, before they split as Kaycee headed straight to the bathroom. She, as usual, gave the brightest smiles and soft hellos to some dancers who came up to her, before she finally reached the relatively empty bathroom.

She could hear some stalls opening as soon as she went inside one, and while she usually doesn't pay much attention to her surroundings when she was this exhausted, as soon as she heard her name, her ears perked and then she was holding her breath.

Hearing relatively direct criticisms about her isn't really her cup of tea.

"God. I still can't believe I saw Sean and Kaycee dancing together in front of my very eyes. Did you see how Sean looked at her? The chemistry is off the freaking charts!" The girl started to squeal.

Oh, Kaycee thought. These aren't the haters; these are the shippers. She bit her lip to stop herself from snorting.

"Kaycee still looked shy interacting with him though. But you can't mistake that blush," another girl said. "I still think that there's nothing between them, though."

"Why do say so? Have you seen Sean's captions? The way he practically lives at the Rices? And that he goes on trips with them? And Kaycee as well! And girl! SLA! They both went on dates around LA without us knowing. What kind of fans are we?" the girl was getting overdramatic as they washed their hands.

"Well, we can't just assume there's something going on between them because of captions. And hey, spending with your best friend's family is normal –"

"At that amount, no, it's not –"

Kaycee could only shake her head in part-disbelief, part-amusement.

"Plus, have you seen them today? They don't interact when they're in class, they're like on the opposite ends of the studio –"

"They see and talk each other most of the time. I guess they want a break," the other said.

"I guess." There was a pause, then the sound of bags zipping. "Ready? I'm freaking hungry."

Kaycee waited for a few seconds after they left before she decided to go out of the stall, and another minute before exiting the bathroom itself, just to make sure that the girls had left and wouldn't ever know that she was in the bathroom with them. The crowd from the studio had dissipated, though there were still some students who were hanging about, and she could easily spot her best friend's tall frame by the corner of the reception area, one hand clutching his other elbow while his other hand was scrolling on his phone. His head was bowed down, and she then knew he was exhausted enough to socialize.

As if feeling her presence, he looked up from his slouch, his brow still glistening with residual sweat, before stretching his back and pocketing his phone.