Photographs

So @/kaycinpoint and I were having this conversation in IG about Romy's photoshoot, and I think I can't be the only one who expected something else lol. Don't get me wrong, the photos were great, and they're both beautiful, but let me be a little delusional. 

Actually I don't know what this is. Bear with me :)

*****

He paused, standing rooted on his spot the moment he opened the car door and saw her, with her usual soft smile, and her phone in her hands. He made a gradual sweep with his eyes over what she was wearing, before he locked eyes with her again and gave her an appreciative gaze.

"Good morning, Laura," Sean said finally as he settled beside Kaycee at the back.

"Good morning, Sean. And hi, Miya! So glad to see you. And Oreo! Aww, come here you little princess..." she said quite distractedly as his own mom rode shotgun, and the mothers engaged into an animated conversation, quite ironically as their teenaged children were still quite groggy that morning.

"Oh my god, Kaycee Rice wearing a dress? The world must be ending," Sean teased her annoyingly, grinning at her and making her roll her eyes.

Kaycee groaned. "It's still early, Sean," she said in her raspy voice, and she glanced at him furtively. "And you're wearing washed out jeans. Tell me, you didn't do your laundry, yes?" she teased.

Now, it was his turn to roll his eyes playfully. The truth is, he just didn't have an idea what Romy's plans are for the shoot. What he did know is that they're going to El Matador State Beach and its reputation when it comes to photoshoots. He had been there once, and the place was scenic and...romantic. He was half-scared, half-excited for it; he knew his best friend is still quite reserved when it comes to romantic connections publicly, although he must say, he is loving how bold Kaycee is becoming in their recent duets. And if this photoshoot requires them to be all sweet and romantic, he needed to know if she's up for it.

He looked at her furtively again, loving the way her straightened hair fell onto her face and shoulders, and greatly appreciated the floral wrap-around maxi dress she was wearing. Apparently, his best friend must be thinking of the same thing.

This is why they're soul mates. He smiled to himself.

"What concept do you think we're going to do?" he asked, hoping to sound casual, but he couldn't mistake the pink that ghosted on Kaycee's cheeks.

She shrugged, straightening in her seat. He knew she was thinking of the same thing as him but of course she wouldn't admit it; he smirked. "I really have no idea. Something...interesting I guess. "

And by interesting, maybe something different from the usual dancer photo shoots with their dance and difficult poses? Is she hoping for something mundane such as them playing in the water or just holding each other affectionately? Is she ready for that?

And why did you wear that dress, Kaycee? Her subconscious asked her.

Yes, she's kind of ready. But she will never let Sean know that.

The rest of the ride to El Matador was a quiet one, although Sean and Kaycee fell into their usual routine of lurking into social media, sharing memes or posting something in their pages, while giggling uncontrollably and falling into a smooth conversation. When the car slowed to a stop, and was met by a waving, excited Romy, the teens unknowingly sat straight on their seats, feeling nervous or excited, they really didn't know.

***

Sean and Kaycee couldn't count the times they had given each other wordless, yet meaningful glances throughout the day. It was also showing the level of connection that they have –that when there's something they're unsure about, their gazes would just find each other, but they are just too polite and kind enough not to say anything.