Guardian

I am currently fighting this monster called writer's block so I apologize for this. I actually don't know what this is. This is inspired by Let You Love Me, and the story that Blake gave in his live (btw, are you guys still breathing properly after that??) 

Slight trigger warning

*****

His mind was like a blank canvas.

A stretch of white, devoid of any colors. Not black, because black is just a combination of all the colors. But colors represented life, and at that moment, these colors was slowly leaving him.

His chest felt heavy with contained emotions, lungs struggling to get some air as the view outside the bus window passed by like a blur. He wasn't registering anything; he wasn't registering any colors.

It was an hour ago when he felt sanity had left him, like his heart was ripped out of his chest and his brain suffering from a severe whiplash. So this is how it feels like losing at life, was his first thought, and then he walked lifelessly out of the building, not really minding where he was going. He couldn't even remember how he got into the bus. He only felt drowning.

Then he registered the color blue, glinting under the setting sun, as the bus traversed through a bridge over the wide river.

Maybe it's not too bad to drown, he thought.

Mindlessly, he stepped down to the nearest bus stop, and impulsively decided to head over back to the bridge.

His walk was slow, feet heavy with every step as he looked over the calm waters. For a minute, the view calmed him, too, soothing his breaths. He briefly closed his eyes, but then he was met with a crashing wave of memories of the past couple of days up until that afternoon, and he felt he was drowning again.

He stopped and faced the view, unshed tears burning at the back of his eyes as he tried not to cry. There was no more reason for him to go on. He planted his hands on the railing, unminding of the noise of traffic behind him, nor the sad cry of birds above, and the feel of comforting warmth of the golden sun.

His heart cried as he closed his eyes, stepping up to the stone ledge, heaving a deep breath.

Starting to let go.

"Rough day?"

His eyes fluttered open, tears welling in his eyes as he turned to look beside him.

He was met with clear, light chocolate pools, green specks clear with the sun's reflection, her long lashes lightly flickering with the wind. He swallowed hard as his mind tried to perceive her presence. He didn't notice her arrival; he was so out of it that he couldn't even register his surroundings.

He slowly took in her face, noting the soft, gentle smile, her big curls framing her face with some flying behind her, in contrast to her street wear. Her beauty was ethereal, and her contrasting outfit was kind of endearing.

He shook his head then, blinking back the tears as he took a deep breath, deciding to ignore her. In his peripheral view, the girl leaned on the railing on her elbows, looking out to the waters. She was silent for a while, and his mind was still trying to process, not even reaching a decision of what to do.

"You know, I had a rough day, too," the girl started. "I called home and learned from my mom that she caught my dad with his secretary on their bed. My mom was supposed to be out-of-town, you see, but she arrived earlier than expected and caught them. And oh, my cat died, too. Not at the same time when my mom caught my dad, but you catch my drift."