The Muse

The busker's POV

I encourage you to read The Busker again before reading this. This is just a little something. 

Playlist:

Nothing Like You - Dan + Shay

Out of My League - Stephen Speaks

You and Me - Lifehouse (Boyce Avenue cover)

Realize - Colbie Caillat

I Was Made for Loving You - Tori Kelly feat. Ed Sheeran

Listen to the song and be emo with me. Sorry if this is a little weird and sappy (also, don't expect much)

**********

I have two favourite things in the world – music and coffee.

"One hot cappuccino for Sean!"

I adjusted the guitar bag on my back as I got my order, eyes scanning the almost crowded coffee shop for a vacant table. I found one by the window, and eager to get my work started, I hastily put my guitar bag down, sat down and pulled out my notebook, pencil, and headphones. I retrieved my guitar, plugged my headphones into the input jack of my instrument so I could play silently. I put the pencil between my teeth as I simultaneously flip through my notebook and wear the headphones on my head, frowning as I try to retrieve everything I've been writing inside my mind.

Shit, I thought. It just freaking disappeared. The idea inside my head just disappeared just like that.

I drew a frustrated breath, closing my eyes shut. I haven't written a single song for almost a month now. I simply lost the inspiration to write my music.

I usually write my songs here, right here in the coffee shop where the smell of caffeine relaxes me, where I get to watch people in different walks of life. I let my eyes wander, looking at families, couples, old people –the usual.

Then my eyes landed on you.

As if you felt my stare, a pair of gorgeous hazel eyes flickered to mine. And I feel the air cease me.

It was only probably a millisecond, but damn I felt trapped.

You're back into the book you were reading, and I just had to stare at all of you. Those beautiful curls, your cute nose, the rose in your cheeks. A blush crept in your skin, lips stretching into a small smile and your finger twirled on a curl absently as you were engrossed with what you were reading.

I bit my lip from smiling as I register a stack of books on your table, a large mug of coffee which you were sipping every now and then, your rock 'n roll shirt that was bigger than your frame, worn out jeans and snickers with purple shoestrings.

My heart pounded, and I was one to recognize that feeling.

It's good ol' love at first sight.

I smiled to myself, got the pencil from my teeth and messily wrote on my notebook.

...sipping coffee in a corner booth

You were twirling your hair

And I just had to stare for a minute, or two

Words and melodies started pouring into my mind then and I didn't hesitate playing in my guitar with the tune I only get to hear. I looked at you again, fingers strumming a smooth tune, and I looked at your books, smiling at the thought of who you are.