Falling like the Stars

Fluff. 

Definitely in my feels after hearing this song and gushed about this with my girl seayceecentral in IG. She's also posting an edit with this song so you should check her out, and follow her!

Sorry if this is so fluffy. But hey, we all need some fluff. Read til the end :)

*****

"And I'm not scared to say those words

With you I'm safe, we're fallin' like the stars,

We're fallin' in love"

*****

Dear Kaycee,

I am writing this letter pretending that you'll be reading this. But the truth is this will never see the light of the day. Never will. Never should.

I am just writing this down because as much as I try to be cool around you, I know that I'm an old soul who wanted to tell you everything through well-thought and heartfelt words, and not from some teenage and hormonal impulses. I know the what, but couldn't quite execute the how of things.

I know I have to get your attention, but I only know how to be annoying, to the point of being obnoxious, just for you to glance my way. I cheer for you the loudest in class, tease you endlessly, sing rowdily and off-key during your birthdays just so that you'll remember me.

I know I have to make you feel special, so I do it only the way I know how –you appearing in my stories more than any of our friends, promote your achievements more than you do, and bake you your birthday cakes. I know I want to spend time with you, get to know the real you, and what better way to do that than to dance with you? I freaking hate that word, but I felt like a real genius when I did Wrong Words with you.

What I'm trying to say, Kaycee, is...I like you.

I could just tell you, fuck, I could just flirt with you, but I'm scared. Scared because you're not like the other girls, and that whatever I do, I'm just another boy in dance class that you grew up with.

Fuck this is so cheesy. But you won't read any of this anyway, and here's me hoping that after writing this cringy letter I would get all of this, maybe you, out of my system and just proceed in life without ever worrying about my feelings for you.

Sean

***

Kayc,

The last time I wrote a letter addressed to you was in the hopes of forgetting my feelings for you, but here I am, one year later, still in deep shit about you.

It's about six in the morning as I write this, completely exhausted from what I've been doing the whole night. But I say, it's completely worth it. Probably an hour from now, you'll wake up to the hopefully most memorable birthday present ever. I couldn't thank your mom enough for letting me do this; I really just want to see your smile lighting up the room as you look at every frozen memory hung at the edge of balloons.

I hung up as many photos as I can because it's crazy to see where life has taken us. I didn't know, I didn't expect that one year can bring this much to us, but I wouldn't have it another way, and I wouldn't have it with another person. I didn't know that knowing you would entail knowing my soul mate. You understand me like nobody else and you frustrate me more than anyone else, but hey, I love you for that.