forty six - "What's the worst thing that can happen?"

S A R G E N T

S A R G E N T

"Did you see her at the party?" Dr. Haynes asked and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, we even talked..."

"Oh wow, you did? How did it feel?"

"It felt so strange and disgusting. I FELT disgusting. I saved her from a dumb drunk and well she thanked me and told me something that made me feel such a strange emotion I can't put a label on"

"Explain how you felt" she asked and I let out a sigh and thought about the way she looked at me while saying that.

"I told her that I would never let anyone hurt her and well she told me that...I do that job by myself very well... And she...she had this cold look that made me want to get buried alive. I felt my heart clenching and it felt like my lungs stopped taking oxygen for a while and I...I wanted to cry? I don't know how I feel anymore"

"You know Sargent, we call that being heartbroken. It's when someone usually -someone we love- tells us something that makes us sad which leads to us being heartbroken."

"I'm Sargent Hills, I don't get fucking heartbroken I'm not a chick. I was mad. Yeah, the emotion I felt was anger"

"Sargent, the emotion you felt was not anger. You know how you react when you're angry better than anyone. That was not anger and deep down you know that what I'm saying is the truth. Being Sargent Hills doesn't mean that you'll never feel emotions like all humans do, anger is NOT your only emotion and you should stop giving in to your impulses. I'm going to help you as much as I can with that" she said and I nodded at her words but I still had a hard time understanding this whole emotions thing.

"Did anything else happen?" she asked and I couldn't help but smile sneakily. She will not like this.

"I beat that drunk motherfucker up really bad, I think his tooth fell off or something too. I crushed a vodka bottle on his head"

"Sargent! That is unacceptable. I'm guessing the police got involved?"

"Yeah, but I'm Sargent Hills, mom paid my bail and I'm here"

"You need to stop giving in to your anger, this is hurting yourself and others. Did you do this in front of Willow? Was that her name?"

"Yes, Willow, Willow, Willow. The owner of this bitch" I said and pointed to my heart.

"She's not the owner of your HEART, she's in it and I'm sure she's a big part of it. The owner of your heart is you and you need to take more care of it" I chuckled at her words.

"Have you been taking your pills?" she asked and I looked away uneasily which made Dr.Haynes let out a sigh.

"Come on now. Those pills are supposed to help you! Take one right now and you'll be so happy that I forced you into this" she said and gave me a pill and some water.