Chapter 20

Yuna's POV

The Next Morning

I couldn't sleep at all last night, despite Sanghee's bed being extremely comfortable. My mind refused to forget the fire in Minjae's eyes. It's like they're burned into my brain.

I think Mr. Kang has noticed that something is wrong because he keeps looking at me with a worried expression. He hasn't said anything, though.

We drove to school in his Ford Fiesta in complete silence. He parked in the teacher's row and walked with me to the front door.

"I'll see you later, Yuna."

"Bye, Mr. Kang."

As I'm walking to my first-period class, I see Minjae walking towards me. His eyes are looking past me, not noticing me at all. He passes me quickly, not even sparing me a glance. A single tear rolls down my face. It feels like I've been holding it in all morning.

Then, someone comes up behind me. "Hey, Yuna." I quickly turn and wrap my arms around Jungkook's torso. "Well, hello to you too." I bury my face into his chest, looking for the comfort that I desperately need. "Is everything okay?"

"I just really need a hug."

"Then it's a good thing you have me. I'm the best at hugging."

RING RING

"Do you want me to walk you to class?"

"No, it's okay. Besides, your class is on the other side of the school."

"You are right, and I need to start running." He leans down, kisses my cheek, and starts to run down the hall, leaving me as red as a tomato.

A Little Bit Before Lunch

I'm currently in math class, staring off into space as our teacher repeats the lesson from yesterday. I don't know if I should be sad because Minjae's still angry or if I should be happy because Jungkook kissed my cheek. Maybe I'm a mixture of both at the moment. Suddenly, the phone on the teacher's desk rings, pulling me out of my thoughts. I try to hear what she's saying, but I'm in the back of the classroom.

"Yuna."

"Yes, ma'am?"

"The principal needs to see you in his office."

"Okay, thank you."

"And take your things with you."

I pack up my stuff and leave the class. I stop by my locker to put everything away. Luckily, the principal's office isn't too far away from where I am now.

I knock on the office door lightly, with the principal opening it and greeting me with a kind smile. "Yuna, how are you? Please come in." Sometimes I feel like he's too friendly to be a principal.

I walk into the office to see three seats in front of the principal's desk. The chair in the middle is empty. Mr. Kang is occupying the left and the right. . .oh no.

My dad is here.

A/N: Hi, everyone. I have a question to ask. Do you guys ever feel like you have nothing to do, but you have a lot of stuff to do. Yeah, that's me right now. It's towards the end of the school year, so I have to start finishing my classes. Also, I just realized the other day that the phrase "stay happy and healthy" is from Doctor Mike. I knew that it sounded familiar but I couldn't figure it out. So, oops.