Chapter 7

Yuna's POV

"Mom?"

"Oh, Yuna, I'm so glad to hear your voice. Things have been so rough lately. Your cousin isn't getting any better, and your aunt is very stressed. I don't know how much longer I'll have to stay here. But it helps to know that you're doing well."

What am I supposed to say? She's been having such a hard time with her sister and the baby. I don't want to make things worse for her.

"You had track practice today, didn't you? How has that been?"

"Yeah, everything's been great. I got picked to be a captain, and we have our first tournament next week."

"Oh, Yuna, that's wonderful. But you sound sad, did something happen?"

What do I do? What do I say?

"Nothing happened. I miss you, that's all."

"Oh, sweetheart, I miss you too. I promise I will try to be at your first tournament."

"Okay, mom."

"I think your cousin just woke up. I have to go, but I'll talk to you soon."

"Alright. Bye, mom. I lo..."

She hung up before I could finish.

"Why didn't you tell her?" I jumped so high I nearly hit the ceiling.

"Jesus! Minjae, you almost gave me a heart attack."

"Yuna, you need to tell your mom what has been happening lately."

"I can't. My mom has enough on her mind. She doesn't need me to add on to it."

"But, Yuna..."

"No, Minjae. I'm fine, everything's fine. I need to get over it."

"But you don't have to."

Jungkook's POV

"Why do you care? Jungkook, all you've done is pick on me, annoy me, and act like you're so much better than me. Please, Jungkook, leave me alone."

Why can't I get Yuna's words out of my head? I mean, I should have expected something along those lines. And she's entirely right about all of it. But then, why does it hurt so bad?

"Jungkook!"

"Yeah, mom?"

"Someone is here to see you!"

"Okay, I'll be there in a second!" I slide off my bed and run down the staircase to see my best friend sitting on the couch. "Taehyung?"

"Hey, Kookie." He jumped off the couch and gave me a big bear hug. "How have you been, man?"

"Let's just say, I'm way happier now that you're here." I give him a bright smile.

"Aw, did something happen to my Baby Bunny?" If my school friends heard all of these nicknames, I would never hear the end of it.

"Okay, first of all, I'm not a baby. Second of all, I'm not a bunny either. And third, I'd rather talk about it in my room."

"Whatever you say, Seagull."

"Yeah, I think I prefer Bunny." We laugh for a little bit, then head up to my room.

"So, what happened?"

"Okay, I had told you that I'm the co-captain of the track team. Well, the other captain, Yuna, came to school today with a split lip. She was saying that she fell off her bed, but I could tell that wasn't it. I asked her about it after practice, but she got upset and ran away."

"Okay, so what's bothering you about it? Maybe she was just embarrassed and didn't want to get into it."

"I asked her if someone hit her, and she freaked out. I promise you, Taehyung, something isn't right. Maybe she's being bullied at school, or abused by her family."

"Jungkook, if she won't talk about it, you need to keep an eye on her. Or try to talk to someone close to her."

"Yeah, but the problem is, I don't think I'll be able to get anywhere near Yuna or her best friend."

"Why? You two are the co-captains, you'll be with her all the time."

"Because she hates me. I annoy and aggravate her every time I open my mouth around her."

"Why would you do that dummy?"

"I don't know! I thought we were only playful with each other at first. I never wanted her to hate me."

"Okay, okay. You need to show Yuna that you aren't the jerk she thinks you are."

"I can do that, but I didn't say anything about me being a jerk, Taehyung. Do you mind telling me where that came from?"

"Um, well, you see..." He sprints out of my room and down the stairs as a chase after him. Taehyung runs into the kitchen and hides behind my mom. "Mama Jeon, Jungkook is trying to kill me."

"Haha, why are you hiding Taehyung. I may be a jerk, but you're a coward."

"How dare you call me a coward!"

"Boys! Calm down, please. I made burgers for dinner. I know they're your favorite, Taehyung."

"Yay, burgers!" How is he my best friend? I'm kidding; I love him.

A/N: Hi, everyone. I'm sorry this chapter is a bit shorter, but there wasn't a lot that I needed to put in it. The next one will most likely be longer. Also, is Taehyung's favorite food really burgers? According to BTS World, it is, but if you go to any fansite, it's completely different. And I'm honestly too lazy to go through every fansite to see if there is one food that keeps popping up. So if any of you know the right answer, please share with the confused person on the other side of the screen, aka, me.