Chapter 25

Yuna's POV

Later that day, Jungkook went to get us some lunch. While he was out, there was a knock on the door. "Come in."

"Hey, Yuna."

"Minjae?" He hesitantly walks into the room with his head hung low.

"How are you feeling?" He won't look at me. He just keeps staring at his feet.

"Better, thanks to the pain meds. You should have seen me when they started to kick in. I was almost as loopy as when I had my wisdom teeth removed."

He giggles a little, still keeping his head down. "I still have that video. I don't really need it, though. It's pretty hard to forget." There's an awkward pause in the conversation.

"Minjae?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you please come here?" He walks across the room and stops right next to my bed without looking up. "Now, can you look at me?" He slowly raises his head to look at me. There was nothing but sadness and regret in his eyes. "I know you're mad at yourself, but I'm not. I deserved to be yelled at. I shouldn't have said anything when Hyunmin told me he liked you. It's just that he's really sweet, and I thought it would be nice for you to at least talk to someone..." Minjae shuts me up by pulling me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry." I can tell he has started to cry because his voice cracked twice in the small sentence. "I reacted like it was the worst thing that had ever happened to me, but the worst thing would have been having to live without my best friend." I was already hugging him back, but I held onto him tighter than I was before.

"I love you, Minjae."

"I love you too."

After a while, we started talking about things that I've missed while being in the hospital. Jungkook filled me in on a little bit earlier, but Minjae is better with details. Plus, we have more classes together.

"Oh, and I might have talked to Hyunmin yesterday."

My eyes go wide in shock. "Really? What did you say?"

"I told him that I don't know him very well, so I wouldn't want to start out with a date. I asked him if we could simply hang out to get to know each other. Then, if it gets to be more than that, we'll start going out like he asked."

"What did he say?"

"He seemed okay with it. He walked away smiling, so that's good."

"Well, I'm glad you're at least giving it a chance."

"I am too."

Then there was another knock on the door. "Come in."

The open swings open, and Jungkook walks in with a big box of donuts. "I have brought donuts for m'lady. Oh, hey Minjae."

"Hi, Jungkook."

"Jungkook, why donuts? You know I'm on a diet."

"Yeah, well, I don't think diets apply when you haven't eaten in five days. And they aren't all for you; some of them are mine. And Minjae can have some too if he wants."

And so, we all ate and talked for a little while. The boys made me feel a lot better, and the donuts too. I felt content.

A/N: Sorry for the very, very, very late update. I got caught in an avalanche of work. Not a very good excuse, but that's all I got. I will finish this story eventually. I think I'll only write one more chapter, so I'll try to get that done as soon as possible. Hope y'all are doing well.