Chapter 15

Time Skip To Monday

Yuna's POV

"Hey, Yuna. Are you ready for school? I can start up the car if you want me to."

"That's okay, Minjae. Jungkook is giving me a ride."

"Jungkook? So he gave you a ride to the funeral and now to school. Are you still riding with me after practice?"

"I don't know, Minjae. We'll have to see." I hear Jungkook's motorcycle riding down the road and pull over in front of the lawn. "I'll see you at school." I ruffle his hair and walk out the door.

"Look at you all ready for school."

"It's not that exciting, Jeon. It's just school."

"Yeah, but when was the last time you went to school."

I hop on the back of the bike and grab the helmet out of Jungkook's hand. "Three weeks ago?"

"Exactly."

"Whatever. If we don't get going, we'll be late." I put the helmet on and tuck my hair into it. I then wrap my arms around his torso.

"Yes, ma'am." Jungkook starts the engine and rides down the road towards the school.

Once we get there, I take the helmet off, attempting to look like a hot biker chick. I hear a giggle from in front of me, so I turn to give Jungkook my death glare.

"What's so funny?"

"You look like a dork." I smack his shoulder lightly as he continues to laugh.

"Yuna!" I look up to the school and see Bora running over to us. I hop off the bike just in time to catch her as she throws herself into my arms. "I haven't seen you in forever. I was so worried."

"I've missed you so much. And I'm sorry I couldn't come back sooner."

"I have some much to tell you. But we should find the other girls first." She starts to pull me towards the school.

"I'll see you at practice." I turn back to see Jungkook smiling at me.

"Okay. Bye, Jungkook."

We eventually found Hana and Sunhae, and their reactions were the same as Bora's. Hugs all around and a few squeals. We walk to the back lawn to chill for a bit before classes start.

"So, Yuna. What's going on with you and Jungkook?"

"What do you mean, Bora?"

"Don't you always come to school with Minjae?"

"So what? Am I not allowed to change it up?"

"You can, but there has to be more to it."

"I don't understand."

"Are you and Jungkook secretly dating?"

"What, no. We're just friends."

"Whatever you say. But I ship you two." The bell rings, signaling the start of school.

"I'll see you guys later." I wave to the girls and head to class.

Classes sucked as always, especially since I have a lot of work to catch up on. It's a good thing none of my teachers put the missing assignments into the grade book yet. I tried to sit with Minjae at lunch, but I couldn't find him, so I sat with the team. The boys were thrilled to see me back. Maybe not as excited as the girls, but still.

I surprised Mr. Kang at practice. He gave me a huge hug, then scolded me for missing so many practices and a tournament. He made me run a few penalty laps, but I didn't mind. I know he's just looking out for me. It's been a while since I've run long distances, so I got tired pretty quickly. Luckily, I'm not a cross country runner. I have always preferred short distance running.

We have a tournament this weekend, so I'll have to work harder to catch up with everyone else. But I'm ready for it.

After practice, I looked for Minjae's car, but it wasn't in the parking lot. Is he avoiding me?

Jungkook gave me a ride home as we planned. Minjae's mom (A/N: I need to give her a name) was waiting for me at the front door. "I'm glad you could find a ride, Yuna. I was afraid you weren't going to be able to get home."

"Why? Is everything okay?"

"Did Minjae not text you? The nurse sent him home because he had a fever."

"Oh, thank goodness. You were making it sound much worse."

"Well, you know how he gets when he's sick."

"Yeah, he acts like he's dying."

"Well, I'm making his favorite food so that he wouldn't be feeling like that for long. Jungkook, would you like to stay for dinner?"

"I would love to, but I better get home and help my mom clean the house."

"Well, I hope you will stay another night."

"Of course. I'll see you both later."

"Bye, Jungkook. I'll see you at school tomorrow." He rides back down the road, and I head inside to find Minjae.

I walk into the living room and find him curled up in a blanket on the couch. "Well, don't you look cute?"

"Haha, very funny."

"And I thought you were avoiding me today."

"Why would I avoid you when you're the one avoiding me?"

"What? I'm not avoiding you."

"Yes, you are. You barely talk to me anymore, you won't let me drive you to school, and you would rather spend time with the track team then your best friend."

"Oh, Minjae. I never meant to make you feel that way. You should know that I was looking for you at lunch and after practice. I miss spending time with you. I know I've been distant lately, and I'm sorry that you thought that I was avoiding you." I plop down onto the couch and snuggle up next to him. "Ask me anything. I won't keep any secrets. Never have, never will."

"Do you like spending time with the track team more than spending time with me?"

"I love spending time with all of you. I hate picking sides. You know that."

"Okay. But, why won't you let me drive you to school?"

"Because ever since my mom died, I've been afraid of cars."

"What? Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was embarrassed."

He sighs and pulls me in for a hug. "I'm sorry that I thought you were avoiding me."

"Oh, be quiet. I'm the one that should be sorry." We sat there for a little bit, in each other's arms.

"So, are you going to tell me what's going on with you and Jungkook?"

A/N: Hello, everyone. How have you been? I have been struggling with school work lately, so I'm sorry if I miss an update. I think I've said this before, but taking college classes during high school freaking sucks.