Chapter 2

Yuna's POV

"Good afternoon, ladies." That's our coach Mr. Kang. He's like a second dad to me. Well, more like my first. My real dad doesn't care about me, which doesn't matter. He's one of the reasons I push myself so hard. I want to show him that I am worth more than he thinks.

The best thing about Mr. Kang is his understanding of our personal goals. He makes sure he knows us not just as his students, but as people. He treats me, Bora, Hana, Sunhae, and all of our past members like daughters.

"I have news for all of you. Due to the lack of a second track coach, the school has asked me to coach both the girl's and the boy's teams. So this year, we will be combining the teams. Boys, come on out." I sat there with my mouth open. This can not be happening.

I'm okay with the boys, but there's one that I can't stand. The boy's team consists of Hyunmin, Soojin, Jiwoo, Daesong, the twins Oliver/Oli and Christain, and the devil himself, Jeon Jungkook. I despise him. He's the only person that has ever beaten me, and he knows it. He's always taunting me and rubbing it in my face. He's a real jerk, and yet, all the girls love him. I don't get it.

"I'm sure all of you know each other. Boys, go ahead and sit down by the girls." He better not sit next to me.

"Hey, Kim. Are you ready to lose all season." I hate him.

"Why must you torture me, Jeon?"

"Because it's fun." Urg! Why is he such a pain? Can't he leave me alone?

"Okay, kids, next thing on the list is to pick team captains for this year. There will be one for the girls and one for the boys. And since Yuna and Jungkook are the only seniors, I think it would be best if they were the captains. Is that okay with everyone?" I look around, and everyone is nodding their heads, including Jungkook.

"Good, I trust both of you will not only take care of this team but each other as well."

"Don't worry, coach, I'll take care of Kim here." It's going to be a long season.

Minjae's POV

I'm out in the school parking lot waiting for Yuna to get done with practice. This is how it's always been. I get done with baseball, I start-up my car, she finishes track, and we hang out for a few hours. She's like a sister to me. She has been since kindergarten.

All of a sudden, the passenger door flies open, and a grumpy looking Yuna slides into the seat. She slams the door behind her, then stares out the window as her eyes follow someone, but I can't tell who it is.

"Bad practice?"

"You have no idea."

"And who made it a bad practice?"

"Jeon Jungkook."

"What? Why was he at the girl's practice?"

"Mr. Kang has to coach the girls and the boys." Then Yuna leans forward and places her head on the dash. "And he made me and that jerk the captains."

"But I thought you wanted to be captain."

"I still do, but I don't want to deal with Jungkook all season." What is it with her and Jungkook? I know he bugs her all the time, but Yuna has never put up with bullies. For some reason, Jungkook is different.

"Oh come on, you're going to let him affect you this much? Where's my strong Yuna? Where's the girl that doesn't give a crap about what others say? I'm pretty sure I saw her about two hours ago. Where is she now?"

"I get it, Minjae, but Jungkook drives me crazy."

"No, no buts. Jungkook doesn't deserve your attention, and I want you to show him that."

"Thanks, Minjae."

"For what?"

"For being my friend."

"Okay, now it's getting cringy. Let's get some ice cream."

"Yay, ice cream!" There she is.

A/N: Hi guys, I just want to address something really quick. All of the characters in this story are just random people that I made up, minus a few that show up later. So Yuna, Minjae, Mr. Kang, and everyone on the track team are all people that came from my imagination and are not based on real people. Thank you.