Chapter 14

Jungkook's POV

After we got ice cream, Yuna and I walked around the large park, enjoying the gorgeous spring season. She eventually led me over to a bench by a small stream. "Thank you for bringing me here. I needed this."

"Thank you for suggesting it. I've had a lot of fun spending time with you." She leans over and rests her head on my shoulder. "I don't want to shatter the mood, but can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"When is your mom's funeral?"

"Tomorrow, they just brought her body back so that they can bury her close to home."

"I'm sorry that you have to go through this, Yuna. Your mom was always nice to me at tournaments."

She's silent for a few moments before speaking up again. "Will you come with me to the funeral?"

"Of course."

"Great, now I'll have someone to walk with."

"What? Why are we walking?"

"Because I might be slightly afraid of cars."

"But you used to ride in Minjae's car all the time?"

"I know, but the night that I found out my mom died, I fell asleep on the way home, and I had a dream about her. I saw her in her car, driving along the highway. She was listening to her favorite song and wearing her favorite T-shirt. Then everything turns to slow motion as the windshield shatters. It was like I was watching her die." I watch as a few tears roll down her cheeks.

"So every time you have to be in a car, you panic."

"That's why I haven't been back to school. It's way too far for me to walk. And even if I did, Minjae and his mom would figure it out sooner or later."

It's quiet again until a light bulb goes off in my head. "I might have an idea."

Time Skip To The Next Day

Yuna's POV

As I'm finishing the last few details to my makeup, I hear a knock on my bedroom door. "Come in; the door's unlocked."

"Hey, you don't look like a zombie today."

"I hate you. I hope you know that, Jeon."

"I know. I see that you're listening to my advice by not wearing a dress."

"I still don't understand why you would prefer me not to wear one."

"You'll see." He wraps my hand in his and leads me to the front door.

"Oh, Yuna. Where are you going, sweetheart?" Minjae's mom comes from the kitchen, looking confused.

"Right, I forgot to tell you. Jungkook is taking me to the funeral. I hope that's okay."

"Of course. I guess we'll see you there."

Jungkook pulls me outside to reveal a motorcycle parked in the driveway. "What do you think?"

"You better know how to ride that thing."

"I learned how to ride this before I learned how to drive a car. So yes, I know how to ride that thing."

"I guess it's better than a car."

"Exactly. Now put these on." He hands me a jean jacket and a helmet.

"What's the jacket for?"

"I don't want your nice clothes to get dirty." He helps me put it on along with the helmet and hops on the bike. I eye the thing hesitantly. "Don't you trust me?"

"I guess so." I hop on the back behind Jungkook. He takes my arms and wraps them around his waist. I can feel his muscles tense when I move myself a bit closer to him because I would prefer to hold on to him like a koala than fall off this thing.

Jungkook starts up the bike and carefully rides down the road. Despite my slight panic, I'm glad Jungkook is here to let me hold onto him as the wind blows past us comfortably. I could almost fall asleep.

We arrive at the funeral home and hop off the motorcycle. Jungkook helps me take off my helmet and fixes my hair before we walk inside.

One of the employees greets us at the front door. "Ms. Yuna, my deepest condolences."

"Is anyone else here yet?"

"No, ma'am. You two are the first to come. I can take you to the funeral hall, or would you like to stay here and wait for more people to arrive?"

"I want to see her, please."

"As you wish."

The man leads us to a large room, and at the very end is the coffin. The coffin that I have been dreading to see. One half of it was open for visitors to see my mom one last time and say their goodbyes. There are only three hours until we'll have to bury her next to her mom, just like she wanted.

I feel a hand slip into mine, and a smooth voice speaks softly. "You don't have to go up there if you don't want to. It's hard to see loved ones like that."

"I want to see her. I want to say goodbye. I want to tell her that I'm sorry and that I'll always love her."

"Then I'll be right next to you the entire time. Okay?"

"Okay." I slowly make my way up to the coffin with my hand still in Jungkook's as he walks close beside me.

I stop right in front of the stage, only being able to see the tip of my mom's nose over the edge of the casket. "Can you go up first?"

"No, we are going up together. That's your mom up there, Yuna. You need to see her first."

I take a deep breath, then walk up the steps; my mom gradually coming into view. Her usually glowing face, now pale and seemingly frozen. Her gentle hands, laying on her stomach, holding a single white rose. And her beautiful brown eyes now in a permanent sleep.

"Hi, mom. I see they cleaned you up nicely. They made you look peaceful." I grip Jungkook's hand a bit tighter. "I need to tell you something that I should have told you while you were still here. I'm not living with dad anymore. His drinking problem has gotten worse, and one day it got out of hand. But I want you to know that I'm okay now. I'm living with Minjae and his mom. And I have everyone on the team right beside me, especially Jungkook. So you don't have to worry about me. I have my new family down here, and you have our family up there. So I guess we're both okay now. I love you, mom. I love you more than you will ever know."

Jungkook pulls me in for a hug letting me bury my face in his chest. But for some reason, I don't cry. It's like all the weight that I have been holding for the past couple of weeks is gone. I know that mom is in a place where she can't feel pain anymore. And I'm always surrounded by people that make me feel safe. I just have this feeling that everything will be okay.

A/N: Hello, everyone. I have decided that this will be the last depressing chapter. So I'm skipping the rest of the funeral because I want to write happy stuff. And a key point that I need to make because I am skipping it is that Yuna's dad does not show up for the funeral. Okay, now onto the happy stuff.