Chapter 9

Yuna's POV

After the long bus ride back, Mr. Kang had us all meet up on the grass before going home. Maybe he wants to congratulate us on a great race day.

"I'm sure you are wondering why I asked you to stay a while longer, right? Well, it's simple. As successful as it was, today showed me that I am coaching two teams, not one. It should be the other way around. We are all one team. That means that we should start mingling with each other. So the girls will hang out with the boys, and the boys will hang out with the girls. With that said, I have planned a weekend getaway for all of us. I asked permission for the school board, and they agreed to let us leave Friday after school. I also expect you to sit at the same table during lunch for the whole week. Is that understood?"

"Yes, Mr. Kang." We all shout at the same time.

"Good. I will see you all on Monday. Dismissed."

Well, this is going to be fun. Note my sarcasm.

Time Skip To Monday

RING RING

The bell rings to signal the start of lunch. Meaning it's the first time the track team has to sit together. I'll be honest; I forgot about the whole thing. I guess I was more focused on the getaway.

I suddenly feel an arm wrap around my shoulder. "Hey, Yuna. Are you ready for lunch?"

"Oh, Minjae. I forgot to tell you that Mr. Kang is having the track sit together at lunch this week."

"But we always eat lunch on the front lawn. And if you eat with your team, I'll have to eat alone."

"I know, I'm sorry, Minjae. But it's only for a week. Then we can go back to have our usual lunches, I promise."

"But one week is so long." He gives me his signature pouty face with puppy eyes.

"Stop being dramatic, Minjae. Everything will be fine. We can still hang out after school, and don't forget that I live with you now."

"Okay, fine. But what about this weekend? I'll be rotting in my room while you're having the time of your life on a stupid getaway."

"Minjae, if I didn't have to go, I wouldn't. I would much rather spend my weekend with you. And how about instead of rotting away in your room, you make some more friends." I'm trying not to get upset, but I don't understand why he only hangs out with me. He's not shy and doesn't have a problem talking to people, so why am I his only friend?

"Yuna, hurry up. We're going to be late for lunch." Bora speeds past me in the direction of the cafeteria.

"Wait up; I'm coming. I'll talk to you later, Minjae." And with that, I run after Bora.

I catch up to her fairly quickly and run beside her the rest of the way there. The cafeteria is full of students eating their lunches. I guess today is spaghetti day since that seems to be what's on everyone's tray. It's a good thing Minjae's mom packed a lunch for me because my diet doesn't allow me to eat pasta.

"Yuna, I see the team over in the corner. Let's go." Bora grabs my wrist and drags me to the other side of the cafeteria.

"Awesome, all of the girls are here. Now we're just missing Jungkook." As soon as Soojin says the word Jungkook, the man himself walks into the cafeteria. He doesn't seem to notice us and goes to a table with his friends.

"Did he forget about us? Why am I not surprised? You should get him, Yuna." Everyone turns their gaze to me.

"What? Why me, Oli?"

"Because you're the co-captain." He gives me a sweet smile to hide his evil intentions.

"Fine. You guys are lucky I love you."So, I get up from my seat and walk towards Jungkook and his friends.

When I get there, I tap on his shoulder to get his attention. He turns around with a confused expression. "Aren't you forgetting something?"

"Oh no, Kookie. Did you piss off your girlfriend?"

Jungkook spins back around and glares at his friend. "Shut up, Jaehyun. She's not my girlfriend."

"Are you sure, Kookie? You always talk about her."

"What!" Jungkook's eyes widen as my cheeks get red without me realizing. Jaehyun, BamBam, Yugyeom, Minghao, Mingyu, DK, and Eunwoo are all laughing their heads off.

"Haha, nice one, BamBam."

"Thanks, Mingyu"

"Can you guys shut up, please. I'm sorry, Yuna. What did I forget about?"

"Mr. Kang wants the team to sit together at lunch this week."

"Oh, right. I completely forgot about that. I'll walk over there with you."

"Good."

"Aw, look. It's Kookie's first lunch date with his girlfriend."

"JAEHYUN!"

A/N: That's right ladies (and gentlemen if there are any) I am officially adding the 97 line to this story. I figured that Jungkook is way too social to only have Taehyung as a friend. So I brought in some of the most beautiful boys in kpop. And if you don't agree with that last statement, then there's something seriously wrong with you. I still love you, but you're crazy.