Chapter 8

Time Skip To The First Tournament

Yuna's POV

My mom didn't show up today. She told me that she hates to miss it and wishes she could be here. I know she has a good reason, but it still hurts. At least I'm not entirely alone.

Bora, Hana, and Sunhae are angels. I couldn't keep hiding what happened from them; they're practically my sisters. And they were more than understanding. They even let me borrow some of their clothes since I'm too scared to make a trip to my house. And thank God they did. I don't know how much longer I was going to survive in Minjae's huge clothes.

"Hey, Yuna. Do those shorts fit you okay?"

"Yeah, they're super comfortable, Hana."

"That's good, if you need any more, just let me know."

"Okay, everyone. Here are our team shirts for this year. Put them on, then go to the sign-in booth to check-in. And make sure to sign in for individual and relay if you are doing both. Same with hurdles." Mr. Kang hands out our new shirts and smiles at us like a proud father. The shirts themselves are an electric blue, which is my favorite color, with golden words and lining.

I walk up to the sign-in booth with the team and register for the girl's individual run and the girl's relay race. The lady at the table gives us all a number, and we place them on our shirts. Then we're led to the grass where we can relax until it's our turn to run.

"Hey, Yuna. Why don't you ever compete in hurdles?"

"Because I'm short, Sunhae." That's not the real reason. The last time I did hurdles at a tournament, I broke my arm when I failed to get over the last jump. It was the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me. Luckily I was a freshman, and the only two people here that would remember it would be Mr. Kang and Jungkook. It's a good thing they've never brought it up at practice.

"But you're taller than me, and I do hurdles."

"Yeah, but you jump like a kangaroo."

"Haha, I guess you're right."

"Oli, you're up next, so stretch and get ready to do your best."

"Yes, sir, Mr. Kang."

"Good luck, little bro."

"I'm only five minutes younger than you, Christain!"

"Six!"

"Five and a half!"

It must be fun to have a sibling. But I do have Minjae and the girls. They're the only siblings I need.

Throughout the day, each of us competes in our individual runs, and Sunhae, Hyunmin, Jiwoo, and Christain compete in hurdles. Sunhae got first out of the girls, and Christain won first in the boys, with Hyunmin right behind him in second. The people that run the tournament are going to announce the winners of the individual runs after the two relay races. Girls will go first, then boys.

"Will all the girls competing in the relay race come to their starting places."

"Good luck, girls. I know you'll do fantastic."

"Thank you, Mr. Kang." The girls and I pull him into a group hug, then run to our places.

Sunhae goes first, next is Bora, then Hana, and finally me. The gunfire goes off, and Sunhae dashes down the track. She quickly reaches Bora, who leaves the other teams well behind. Hana then gets the baton and runs in my direction. I grab the baton and move my legs as fast as possible, with only the finish line in my mind. And I get there way before the other teams, sealing our spot in first place.

The girls come running towards me with huge smiles on their faces. They almost tackle me to the ground when they engulf me in their arms.

"Congratulations to team three for an outstanding run. Come to the podium and receive your medals, while the boy's relay teams make their way to the track."

We run up there, and Mr. Kang joins us. With our golden, first-place medals, we take a few pictures then go back to the grass to watch the boys.

Soojin, Daesong, Oli, and Jungkook are all at their starting spots. We hear the gunfire, and Soojin sprints down the track. But he stumbles on the turn and falls into third place. He gets to Daesong, who catches up but only manages to stay right behind second place. Oli grabs the baton and runs as fast as he can, only, it's not enough to get past second place. And finally, the runner we have all been waiting for, Jeon Jungkook. He passes second place with ease and quickly makes his way to first. He moves at a God-like speed as he runs over the finish line. The crowd goes wild as he pulls off the greatest comeback I have ever seen.

"Congratulations again, team three, for an amazing run. Please come up and get your medals, boys. And we are about to announce the winners of the individual runs."

The four boys go up to the podium and receive their matching gold medals, just like the girls and me. After that, they walk down to the grass with the rest of the team.

"As always, we will announce the fastest girl first. And the winner is Kim Yuna!"

The girls all scream as loud as they can while I go to get my medal. The lady that put the medal around my neck told me to stay on the podium. I don't know why she wanted me to, but I did anyway.

"And now for the boys. Not only is he the fastest boy, but he also has the quickest time of the day. Congratulations to Jeon Jungkook."

Why am I not surprised? Jungkook walks up next to me after he gets his medal. He has a massive smile on his face. He's almost charming.

"Good job to the both of you on the top two fastest times of the day. I don't know what they teach you at that school of yours, but your coach has done a great job with you."

I look over and see Mr. Kang smiling. I guess today was a pretty good day, minus the part where Jungkook was faster than me.

A/N: Um, I don't know what to say. Hi? How are you? Are you enjoying the story so far?