Soul for a Soul

"Dad?" I tripped forward in a daze as I saw Tony fall backward after snapping the gauntlet. "No!" I cried, finally making it to him and holding him in a hug.

"Hey, Sw-Sweetheart," he breathed, moving slightly to kiss the top of my head. I sobbed as I felt his grip lessen on me.

"Please, someone help!" I screamed, looking at everyone who was watching with sad eyes. I saw Wanda in the back of the crowd and I waved frantically to her. "Wanda, do something!" She moved forward with a heartbroken expression on her face.

"Sadie, I don't know-"

"Please!" I whimpered "I'll do anything!" Wanda closed her eyes, scarlet energy radiating off of her. It coiled like smoke, moving toward Tony and me before enveloping the two of us. I watched as the energy latched onto me like a leech, connecting me to Tony. It felt funny at first, but then, a fire-like sensation coursed through my body, so painful I couldn't even scream. It felt like I was dying an excruciating death, only for the feeling to leave as quickly as it had come. I looked around and saw that nothing had changed, except...

"Hey, Kiddo." I smiled and grabbed Tony into the tightest hug possible. "Go easy on me kid, I just came back from the de- What the HELL did you do to your arm?!" I was about to explain how I landed on a metal rod, but then I saw that that was the least of my concerns. Where there had once been a semi-healthy appendage, now there was a rotting, grey limb.

"You said you would do anything," Wanda whispered. "That was the price for the life transfer."

"Thank you, Wanda," I said, smiling sadly. "It was worth it." Tony smacked me upside the head and then proceeded to rant to me about safety and not being a careless asshole. I didn't even care, I was just happy he was able to talk to me. Pepper seemed happy too, at least from the way she tackled Tony, crying her eyes out. I was also tackled, but much faster because it was Pietro. He also started ranting at me, but in Sokovian, so it was easier for me to tune it out.

"At least we're all alive!" I pointed out. "No harm no foul." Pietro rolled his eyes before helping me to my feet and looking at my arm.

"You're going to match the tin man!" he exclaimed with a grin. I rolled my eyes but smiled internally at all the pranks I could pull on Bucky now that we both had advantages. "So," I said, looking up at Pietro. "I don't know about you, but I could use a drink after all of this."

"Sounds like a date, Princess."