Dad

Despite my initial attempt to run away, living at the tower with the Avengers wasn't the absolute worst thing in the world. They were pretty nice and the breakfast was five star, at least, compared to what I was used to. My first night that I stayed in the tower, Bruce didn't let me leave the med-bay, and I had to have supervision at all times. Fortunately after that, Tony gave me a room to call my own. It was pretty devoid of any decoration and if you walked in you wouldn't think a teenage girl lived there. I didn't really care though, because for the first time in a long time I could fall asleep on a real bed.I guess Tony didn't see it the same way I did because after a few weeks of sleeping in one of the many spare rooms, he pulled me through the halls to stop outside a door that was down the hall from his. 

"I figured since you're staying with us, you should probably have a room to call your own," he said sheepishly as we stood outside the new room that was down the hall from his. The location, I assumed, was probably a suggestion from Dr. Banner who had been watching me like a hawk since I'd moved in. With a small smile, I opened the door to the room and stepped inside to see one of the biggest rooms I'd ever been in! Not to mention that it had stars covering the ceiling that seemed to move in the light of the glowing sunset. "Sorry it took so long, but I remembered that you said you liked the stars," Tony said nervously as he gestured to the ceiling. "I hope it-" He was cut off by me hugging him fiercely.

"Thank you," I whispered as he hugged me back.

"No problem kiddo," he said softly "why don't you go ahead and get some sleep. Maybe we can try and start some schoolwork tomorrow or something." I nodded eagerly as Tony ruffled my hair and walked out leaving me to walk around my room in wonder before falling backwards onto my bed with a squeal and closing my eyes and descending into nightmares.

"You're such a  bitch Sadie!" I whimpered in fear as Will cornered me in the warehouse.

"I'm sorry," I whispered before curling into a ball. Will just scoffed and started kicking me while yelling obscenities at me. "STOP!" I screamed.

"Sadie! Sadie wake up!" I bolted upright and looked around wildly. "Hey," I heard Tony say calmly "I'm right here, nothing's going to hurt you." I started sobbing as Tony pulled me into a hug and gently rubbed my back as I tried to calm down.

"He was going to kill me." I said hoarsely as started trembling.

"It's alright," Tony whispered as he pulled me into a tighter hug "Will is never going to touch you again. I promise."

"It felt so real," I mumbled as I looked up at him in fear.

"I know sweetheart," he said sadly "are you going to be ok for the rest of the night?" I hesitated before shaking my head and letting him pull me closer to him so I could rest my head on his chest.

"I'm sorry for waking you up," I said, my voice muffled as I buried my face in his shirt.

"It's OK," he said softly as he tilted my head up to face him "I just want to make sure you're alright after everything." I smiled slightly as I closed my eyes, trying to clear my head of the nightmares I'd been plagued by.

"Goodnight Tony." I mumbled as I started to drift off to sleep.

"Goodnight Sweetheart."

 What did I do? I can't believe I actually had to have Tony help me with a nightmare; he's probably going to think I'm a baby. When I woke up, I found that Tony had wrapped an arm protectively around me. Wanting to leave before he woke up, I carefully slid out from under his arm and started to crawl out of the bed. Before I could however, I heard him clear his throat and I sheepishly turned around to see him watching me with a frown.