A Buggy Reunion

Days floated by, then weeks, then months. Eventually it turned into a year, then two. Two years since I was adopted by Maggie and Paxton and left the team. I still missed the team every second, but I was starting to feel more at home here.

        "WHO ATE MY CEREAL?!" Yeah. Home sweet home.

        "It was not me, Luis did it!"

        "Wow, thanks man. Friends don't do that to one another." Luis complained to Kurt. I rolled my eyes as I scavenged for anything else to eat for breakfast. Scott was working with his friends on this business idea, and I volunteered to hang around and contribute my help.

        "I am not getting on bad side of baby Baba Yaga." Kurt said, his accent becoming more pronounced the more scared he got "She makes Demons look like Cassie." I laughed and gave him a thumbs up before grabbing a granola bar and sitting with Kurt and Luis at the table. Scott and Dave were looking over some of the camera prototypes while the three of us were getting a website and camera program up and running. Needless to say, it took a little work.

        "Baby Yaga, what is serial number?"

        "3-"

        "Other serial number!"

        "537654."

        "Thank you."

        "Three hours, a lot of throwing papers at each other, but we did it!" Everyone was smiling as we looked over the new website. Luis, Kurt, and Dave left to go get the shop set up so they could open it when Scott got off of house arrest in two days.

        "So have you heard anything from Hope or Hank?" I asked quietly once they had left. Scott shook his head silently as we sat down on the couch.

        "They hate my guts." he said bitterly "That's fair I guess, I did leave them."

        "You're all adults, you'll get over it." I assured him. Scott was about to answer, but he suddenly stiffened, pulled something from his neck, and collapsed to the floor. My eyes widened and I lept away from the window, hitting the ground hard as I rolled into a corner and slipped my pocket knife into my hand . The door opened a few seconds later and as soon as the person slipped through the window I tackled them and pushed the knife to their throat. "What the Hell did you do to- Hope?!"

        "Sadie?!" Hank Pym's daughter exclaimed as we hopped up and looked at each other in shock. I squealed excitedly and tackled her in a hug. "How long have you been here?" she asked in amazement "Last I heard your brother kidnapped you."

        "I lived with the Avengers for a while before the Accords." I explained. Hope nodded in understanding, still holding me tightly. "I missed you." I whispered.

        "I missed you too Ladybug." she said, drawing a smile from me as she spoke her nickname for me "Now help me kidnap Scott."

"The Avengers? Really Sadie, I thought we'd raised you better than this!"

        "You let me hack into a building with four convicted criminals so we could blow the building up, Hope! If anything, you made me self destructive!" The woman huffed under breath as I smirked at er from the backseat. Hope was trying to get caught up on my life and she was not very happy about what I'd been doing.

        "There's not a boyfriend... is there?" she asked suspiciously "Hank'll back me up on this, all boys are scum and not worthy of you."

        "Not all of them." I muttered, staring at the ground dejectedly.

        "So, there is a boy?" Hope questioned. I nodded and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

        "His name's Peter." I whispered "We've been dating for almost six months now, even though I'm here now and he's in New York. I call him every morning, he calls every night. It works." Hope smiled at my blissful expression, but scowled when she saw Scott waking up.

        "Where-" Scott started to say, but faltered when he saw who was in the van.

        "You're heavy." I informed him "Try and work on that." Scott still looked so confused and I patted his back reassuringly. "Don't worry, Hope helped me." This didn't seem to reassure him.

        "You could have told us Sadie was back." Hope snapped.

        "To be fair, you did disappear off the face of the Earth." I pointed out.

        "Well since we're on the topic of fair, why don't we discuss your boyfriend."

        "Damn you Hope."