A Place to Turn

"What the hell do you mean, the feds know where we are?!" I shrieked at Scott "If they find out I'm doing this shit, they'll think I'm helping Steve and his band of runaways!"

"I thought you were allowed to talk to them!" Scott protested "That was the deal with the government you made!"

"It was revoked after Vision turned off his transponder." I snapped "They don't like the idea of a civilian being in contact with a rogue AI who could rule the world, so I'm not allowed any contact with those in violation of the Accords. A rule I've been breaking since I helped Hope drag your ass into the van." There was silence and I ran a hand through my hair. Hope walked over and knelt in front of me.

"Sadie, this is very important." she said sternly "What happens if the FBI finds out you're helping us." I looked up at the ceiling and bit my lip. "Sadie." Hope called, getting frantic.

"I get placed in juvenile lockup until I turn eighteen." The three adults let out a string of curses and Scott motioned for me to get my stuff together.

"I'm taking her to my place, two birds killed with one stone. The Feds don't arrest me or Sadie, and none of us get killed by any of the Avengers."

"Sadie's really sick! Daddy's taking care of her." I let out a sigh of relief as I heard Cassie covering for us.

"Young lady, I'm a federal agent I can handle a sick teenager." Wu said. Recently, he had also been assigned to make sure I was holding up to my agreement in addition to checking on Scott. Before Cassie had to lie anymore, I stumbled out of the bathroom clutching my stomach with fake tears in my eyes.

"Oh thank God you're here Wu!" I cried in perfect teen anguish, bracing myself against the wall as Scott walked out behind me "It hurts so much! Does anyone have a heating pad or Motrin?! I'm having menstrual cramps and you're doing jack shit!" All of the agents backed up as I ended my rant with a sob.

"Alright Kiddo." Scott said quickly, picking me up and holding me close. "Let's get you to your room! Wu, always nice to see you. Maggie, if you want to handle this?" My mom moved to grab me and she carried me upstairs before setting me on the bed and striding to the window.

"They're gone." she said a minute later. I let out a sigh of relief and covered my face with my hands. "Sadie..." she said slowly.

"I was stupid." I mumbled "It might be worth it in the end, but if I get caught, they'll all get mad at me." Maggie smiled sadly and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Well Paxton isn't going to be much help in this situation." she joked "He wants you to be his little girl forever."

"Tony too." I said "And the other team. I called them on the burner. They said to never do it again, so that hurt my feelings." Maggie nodded understandingly.

"You're friends with a lot of people." She said slowly "Is there no one else you can call?" I looked over at her and saw that she was avoiding my gaze.

"What are you trying to not tell me?" I asked with a grin. Maggie jerked her head to the bulletin board on my wall and I smiled when I saw what she was gesturing at. "Yeah," I admitted "he actually might have a good idea. Or... she might. Okoye tends to have better judgement."

"Sadie, we have a problem!" Scott called as he ran into the room. I looked up and waited for him to go on. "The Feds got Hope, Hank, and the lab." My face paled and I turned to look at Maggie. She handed me my cell phone with a small smile.

"Better make that call."