The Heist

"So what are we doing in the city again?" Chris asked as we walked through the crowds of people.

        "We're scouting a target." I said with a smirk "Something tells me that it'll have a high pay. It may even get violent." Bella looked up excitedly and I laughed. I led them along the sidewalk and then pulled them away from the crowd. "There it is." I said, pointing across the street "That's the new target."

        "Um.... Sadie," Sam said nervously "that's the museum of Modern Art."

        "I know." I said nonchalantly "That's why we're here. Recently, a painting was brought into it's collection from an estate. Apparently some guy died and the painting went to the museum, but it really should have gone to his daughter. The same daughter who has hired us to get the painting back." Bella frowned at the museum, looking deep in thought.

        "Well the painting will obviously have security, which means guards." she muttered to herself "Of course, killing is out of the option, or is it?"

        "It is most definitely out of the option." I said, not even hesitating. I was about to run them through the finer points of the plan, but Dave tapped my shoulder frantically, effectively cutting me off.

        "Family alert." he hissed, tipping his head at some people walking towards us. I casually glanced up, and tried to stay calm when I saw Natasha and Bucky.

        "Sam, start walking to the museum." I said quietly "You look exactly how you looked when we visited the tower." Sam nodded tersely and casually started heading to the museum.

        "Excuse me." I took a deep breath and turned around to face my old family "Oh my God, you're the black Widow!" I said excitedly, channeling my inner fangirl.

        "What's your name?" Natasha asked firmly, staring at me hard. Shit, I hadn't thought of that, um.....

        "Margaret Sawyer." I said, smiling at the name "Is something wrong?" Natasha continued to stare at me, but her gaze fell on the fake tattoo on my neck, and her face fell. Apparently Bella was right, this new disguise was something they could never see me in.

        "I'm sorry." she said miserably "I thought you were someone else." She looked so miserable that I wanted so desperately to tell her it was me. Mom! I wanted to scream It's me, Sadie! I'm right here, let me come home. Bucky was watching the exchange silently, looking like he hadn't slept in days.

        "If there's anything I can do, please let me know." I said politely. Natasha nodded and pulled Bucky down the sidewalk. Once they were gone, I sighed heavily and turned back to the team.

        "Margaret Sawyer?" Bella asked curiously. I chuckled softly at the name I'd made up on the fly.

        "A combination of Margaret Carter, founder of SHIELD, and Sam Sawyer, a Howling Commando." I admitted sheepishly "I panicked and it was the first thing I came up with." Bella laughed and gave me a high five.

        "Are you sure you want to stay?" she asked softly "All you have to do is go after them and you can go home."

        "I'm sure." I said firmly "Just a few more jobs to make sure you guys can survive without Fury helping, and then I'll go."

        "Speaking of which," Chris asked nervously "Any word on the package we gave HYDRA?" I grinned and nodded happily.

        "I got a call last night from Fury saying that the device went off perfectly." I said excitedly "So that base is now no longer a threat, and SHIELD was able to trace the bomb and capture the HYDRA agents."