Bombing at the UN

"Sadie! Sadie wake up!" I sat up quickly and Clint motioned for me to be quiet so that I wouldn't wake up Lila and Cooper. Over the past few days, I'd grown really attached to them, and they'd become attached to me as well, which is why on some nights I ended up being their pillow when they fell asleep during a movie night.

        "What happened?" I whispered as I carefully pried Lila's arms off from around my waist. Clint helped me up and we walked to the living room where he had the TV on, showing the news channel. My eyes widened as I saw the twisted and ruined remains of the UN building where the Accords signing had taken place. Natasha had gone there to oversee the signing, and I prayed that she wasn't hurt.

        "Natasha's fine." Clint assured me as I sank onto the couch "The king of Wakanda's dead, though. For now, the Accords have been set aside. The whole team's been placed on watch."

        "What does that mean for your family?" I asked quietly, watching him fearfully.

        "It means you and I need to get back to New York ASAP."

        "Is this how you feel every time you leave on a mission?"

        "Worse." Clint muttered as he steered the quinjet. We had left his house an hour ago, and I felt so guilty by saying goodbye to Lila and Cooper, especially because they started crying when they realized that both Clint and I were going. "It doesn't get easier." he said, clenching the steering wheel.

        "Hey Clint?" I said tentatively "Do you think I could come back some time? You know, when everything's died down." Clint smiled over at me and nodded.

        "I think the kids would like that." he said with a grin "Cooper told me that Laura's cooking was a lot better when you came over." I burst into a fit of giggles as Clint tried to conceal a laugh of his own. "By the way," Clint said sheepishly "I may or may not have neglected to tell the team I'm bringing you back, because I was hoping you could help me prank them." I rolled my eyes, but didn't scold him.

        "If that's the case, then we need to make one more stop."

        "Where to?"

        "Why so sad Peter?" My boyfriend's head jerked up as he walked to his apartment, and he grinned when saw me standing outside the door.

        "Well I missed my girlfriend." he said playfully "You see, she's this insanely talented and beautiful person who I can barely stand to live one day without." I blushed before running over to Peter who caught me in a tight hug and spun me around before kissing me happily.

        "Can't you get a room?" Peter and I turned to see an old man trying to move around us to get into his apartment "Kids these days." the man muttered. Peter and I started laughing hysterically the minute the man shut his door.

        "Well I have a room, if you want to tell me all about your latest adventure." Peter offered hopefully. I sighed and kissed his nose.

        "Will the room be available in four hours?" I asked guiltily "Because that's when I can escape from the team." Peter chuckled softly as he held me close to him.

        "For you, the room's always open." he said quietly. I sighed happily and snuggled into him.

        "I love you Peter Parker." I whispered.

        "I love you too Sadie Stark."

        "OK." Clint said in a hushed voice "I'll distract the team, you just figure out a way to either scare or confuse them for my amusement."

        "You are a terrible influence." I said tiredly.

        "Thank you." I shook my head as I followed Clint and then ducked behind the counter as he went to greet the team. "Hey guys!" he called casually. The team chorused their hellos as Clint joined them.

        "Where's Sadie?" Tony asked immediately. I smiled slightly and pulled out my phone. Tony's phone rang and I waited patiently, out of sight for him to answer. "Speak of the Devil." he muttered, seeing that I was calling him "Hi Sweetheart," he said softly "how are you?"

        "Terrible." I snapped, standing up so that he could see me "The floors are absolutely filthy. Honestly, FRIDAY can't do everything for you people." Tony smiled and rushed over to give me a hug.

        "I missed you Kiddo." he whispered, kissing the top of my head "Are you OK?"

        "Yeah." I said with a smile "I'm back home."