Chapter 13

Stand in front of a white solid wooden door, a blonde long haired girl tapping her knuckles continuously creating a knock sound.

The door opened, revealing a middle age woman with her friendly smile.

"Rosé?"

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Manoban." As usual, Rosé bowed and gave her exciting smile to Lisa's mother.

"Come on in."

"Thank you, Mrs. Manoban."

Rosé smiled and walked to the house, gripping her phone in her hands.

"Lisa didn't come to school today. Is she alright, Mrs. Manoban?" Rosé asked while Lisa's mother closing the door behind. "I tried to contact her, but I got no respond." She continued.

"Yes, she got a fever. And she's resting in her room. You may go upstairs. You still remember her room, don't you?"

"Yes, Mrs. Manoban. I'm going to Lisa's room now. Thank you."

"Aahh, Rosé... Wait.."

"Yes, Mrs. Manoban?"

Lisa's mother jogged to the kitchen and came back with a plate of sandwiches in it.

"Eat this with her, okay? Maybe she wants to eat if there's companion."

"Aah, yes sure, Mrs. Manoban." Rosé took the plate from Lisa's mother. With her bright wide smile, she tried to hide her sparkling eyes full of excitement seeing the foods which is now just inches away from her eyes.

She stepped the stairs slowly with a plate of sandwiches on her one hand, and the phone in the other. And then directly heading to Lisa's room. She tried to open the door with difficulty but finally she managed to open the polished white door.

"Hi, Lisa." Rosé greeted Lisa once she was in Lisa's room, and closed the door behind using her left arm.

"Rosé?" Lisa replied, who was still staying comfortably in her bed.

Rosé put the plate on the table before she dragged the chair and sat down beside Lisa.

"You didn't go to school today. So, I check on you. And your mother said you have a fever."

"Yes," Lisa tried to get up and sit. Placed the pillow on the bed headboard, and rested her back on it.

"I saw you were walking from school in the rain yesterday. I called you many times but you didn't hear me. I was still waiting for my driver to arrive at that time."

"Ooh, I didn't hear you calling me. It was raining so hard, maybe that's why."

"Yes, you know it was heavy rain. Then why did you force yourself to go home without an umbrella?"

"I forgot my umbrella. I left it at home."

"Hmmm .... We can go home together, you know, Lis. I'll take you by car."

"No, it's okay, Rosé." Lisa smiled. "I wanted to go home soon yesterday."

"And look now you have a fever."

"Don't worry, I'm much better now."

The smell of crispy fresh fried chicken, mayonnaise and fresh tomatoes, lettuce filled Rose's nose. She can guess the ingredients of the sandwich without needing to open the layer of white bread.

"Aah, your mother brought this for you. She wanted me to make sure you ate it." Rosé took a piece and gave it to Lisa. "Do you want me to feed you?"

"Nah, no worries. I'm fine. I know you want to eat it too. Eyes won't lie."

Rosé laughed at Lisa's words.