Chapter 18

"So why did you think Jackson is one of the suspects? They only had one lunch date." Rosé with a piece of apple strudel stucked in a fork finally gave her extra mind in Jennie's case.

"What do you think, Jen?" Jisoo looked at Jennie.

"Ahmm..."

"Try to remember, Nini." A sweet and sour fresh cold liquid hit Lisa's throat as she sipped her lemon tea.

The silence is sudden as no one speaks. The voice of Rosé's munching her apple strudel interweave with Lisa's spinning her drink with the straw. Jisoo sturdily sat, flicked the pen through her fingers. They were all waiting for explanation arrives from Jennie.

"You sure you didn't have another date?" Jisoo asked. She started moving the pen on the paper, creating random scratchy and wobbly patterns.

"Well, as I remember yes. But he asked me again several time. I rejected his invitations."

"Persistent guy." Lisa frowned, brought her arms over her chest.

"What did Jennie tell you?" Asked Jisoo.

"Jennie said, they only had one date- I mean encounter. But Jackson asked her again several times."

"But Jennie rejected him?" Rosé wiped her mouth with a tissue and grabbed her another glass of drink.

"Correct."

"Do you think it's possible that he was angry and intended to harm Jennie?" Rosé spoke again.

"Why did you reject him?" Jisoo's question surprised Lisa.

"Because I know he has a girlfriend."

"Jennie said because he has a girlfriend."

"Yeah, Irene. The cheerleader leader."

"So, they were the king and queen."

"After his help on my first day of school, Jackson met me, quite often. And one day he took me to lunch. Well, most of  the time he was so kind to me, I think as my gratitude I accepted his invitation. He asked for my phone number as well and I gave him. And we often had chat in texts. We also did voice calls, sometimes."

"So, you like him?" Lisa's jealousy is back again.

"No, Lis-"

"What did she say?"

"Jennie said she and Jackson often had phone calls and chats."

"I was only being kind to him, respect him. Because he was always so nice to me. And I was a new student, I still didn't have close friends. I hope you get my point."

"And then? Continue." Lisa putting the straw back in her mouth. Hoping that the cold liquid do its job, cooling her throat and her heart.

Jennie let out a deep sigh before continue her story.

"Once I saw Jackson was with a girl in the canteen.  She was so clingy to him. He didn't seem bothered by the girl. Even what I saw, he was enjoying his time with her."

"One day Jennie saw Jackson with a girl at the canteen. And they were so close."

"Irene?" Jisoo asked.

"Yes."

Lisa nodded at Jisoo's question.

"Well, I have no problem with that. So, I walked nonchalantly in front of him, and greeting him. I swear he was shocked, he startled and shifted his seat away from Irene. He even pulled away his arm around her. He greeted me back and smiled awkwardly."