VIII• I love you

The following chapters are flashbacks of Y/n

Darling, stand by me

Third Person's POV

"Is this necessary? We haven't learn new spells for the past few months, yet you insisted the other professors they are not doing their job well, when they are and we are actually learning their classes!" Y/n argued with the pink toad, who just smiles at her.

"Ms. L/n, you are learning. Perhaps...you're just not that smart so you haven't process anything yet"

"Says the one who always visited my family's business just to learn defensive spell" She retorted back, making all of her classmates laughed.

Umbridge clearly was embarrassed and yanked her arm.

"Detention...now!" She screamed, Y/n rolled her eyes and left her classroom. She knew stepped on a bomb but, at least someone has to stand up again to make the pink toad gone.

She went outside and waited for her DADA class to end, not until she saw a pair of shoes. She looked up and Draco was looking at her suspiciously.

"Why aren't you in your classes?" He asked, pretending he was disappointed, but he's really not.

"Umbridge happened. I snapped at her and she gave me detention"

"Well, you're lucky" Y/n looked at him confusingly and dragged her outside. They were running inside the hallway, even McGonagall failed to catch them.

But she didn't mind it, she's happy that someone was there for Draco.

Draco and Y/n went to their hideout, and stayed there for most of the day. Until her owl came in and there was a letter for her.

She petted her owl, and unwrapped the letter. As soon she read the letter, her face was dragged down.

She fell on her knees, but luckily Draco caught her in time.

"Love? What is it?" Draco asked worriedly. Y/n looked at him with tears on her eyes. She hugged him and sobbed in his chest.

"My mom" she mumbled. Draco picked up the letter and was shocked to see what's written on it

Y/n,

Come home. I sent a letter to Dumbledore for your pardon. It's about Mom, she's gone. I will tell you everything once you are here.

Love,
Lucas

"Y/n...love, can you get up? I'll take you back" Draco said, Y/n nodded and grasped into his arms until Draco decided to apparate inside his dorm.

"Bloody hell! Mate, where— woah what happened to her?" Blaise asked as he saw Y/n was in shock and Draco's worried face.

"She won't be attending school for a month I think. It's her mom" Draco whispered but clear enough for Blaise.

Suddenly, Pomona Sprout, the head of Hufflepuff burst into the room, together with her father, Endymion.

"Darling..." Y/n sprung towards her father and sobbed into his chest. Before they could leave, Y/n stopped and looked at Draco.

"Please, come with me" She pleaded even though she knew he can't come.

"I'll write to you love, don't worry"

"Please, if she insists." Endymion spoke, and gently smiled at him. He nodded and the three of them left the grounds of Hogwarts.

________________________________

"Our deepest condolences Mr. L/n" one of the guests said as they pass him a sad smile.

Meanwhile, Y/n locked herself in her room as Draco enveloped her with hug.

"Thank you for coming with us" Y/n mumbled, and sighed. Draco kissed her head and smiled.

"I will always stand by with you love," Draco whispered to her ear. He wiped her tears and kissed her lips as he connected his forehead toward hers.

Darling, stand by me. That's what you always say to me whenever I am down. And I promise too, I will stand by with you