XXXI • Welcome to New York

The following chapters are flashback of Y/n

Was it love? Or just a fling?

Third Person's POV

Just like what he promised, Adrian took you to Brooklyn, New York—the city was filled with tall buildings, cars, and beautiful neighborhoods. It was a friendly neighborhood, Adrian took you to many places.

Of course you are staying there for good 2 months till you decide what you are going to be—Adrian even let you stay with him. He even introduced you to his best friend since childhood, Steve.

He and Steve are like brothers, always bickering yet never forget they had each other, it reminds you of you and Lucas. Right now, Adrian took you to a date, it was a simple yet romantic date.

"So, how'd ya like here so far?" He asked wiping his mouth with a napkin as he looked at you with those soft eyes.

"I think Brooklyn is a great place! And you are absolutely right, it is beautiful"

"After all, it's Brooklyn baby" He said, winking at you causing you to giggle a bit. You liked his Brooklyn slash New York accent. It is captivating and sounded like a melody in your ears.

"Ya know staring at me doll would make me go crazy" you playfully rolled your eyes and popped your tongue out.

"Really? How crazy?" You teased, he smirked and pulled you for a kiss. It was sweet and comforting, you can even taste the sweet flavor of plum.

"That crazy" he whispered huskily making you chuckle softly. You both decided to stay at the Central Park for awhile, waiting for the night fall. Adrian told you that New York is even better when the night fall and the building lights up.

He didn't waste time, he pulled you on his motor and drove away. You kept asking him where you both are going but all he says

"You'll see baby doll" He pulled off, removing his helmet as you removed yours. He brought you back to his apartment but, the only catch—you both didn't go back to his apartment but went straight to the roof.

He kept you blindfolded, assisting you with your every step. You could already feel the cold breeze of the air. He told you to wait, so he can open the door, once you heard the door open, you felt his hand holding yours—the cold wind brushed off your shoulders, and Adrian removed your blindfold.

You stare in awe as a small gasp escape your lips. The scenery of New York was definitely different from Hogwarts. The whole city was light up with lights in different buildings, and the cars were perfectly aligned in the streets.

"I know it's dumb and—"

"Are you kidding me? This is amazing Adrian! Look, it is beautiful" Adrian smiled when he learned you loved his surprise, he wrapped his arm around your waist, as he rested his chin on your shoulders.

"But you're more beautiful doll" he whispered to your ears. He hugged you from behind as he hummed the same melody again

"What's that song?" You asked, turning around to face him as you wrapped your arms around him.

"Merry go around..it's from a muggle movie called Howl's Moving Castle. It's a great movie—I think you'll like it doll" He said, tucking some of your loose hair behind. His raven hair was on loose, it suited him perfectly, as well as his ocean eyes.

Adrian...he taught me that love can be mean sometimes, he taught me that it's okay not to be okay, he taught me that sometimes—it is better to see with naked eye, without any magic at all...He showed me the beauty of muggles. He showed me something that is so aesthetically beautiful, he showed me something meaningful behind those city lights...and I was thankful that I've got the chance to meet him...but I doubted myself that time

Adrian looked at your eyes, and rested his forehead to yours—still humming the sweet melody

"I love you" he whispered but clear enough for you to hear

Was it love though? Or it's just a fling?

"Adrian..." you muttered, you weren't sure what to say to him as you still have feelings for Draco even if he no longer loves you

"Right...I know it's too soon to say that—but I really do love you, I would wait thousand times to hear those three words from your mouth. For now I would wait and tell you how much I love you"