XXXIX • Secret?

Fair Warning: This is Draco's POV. So you will get the side of his story...for now

Part of me got broken

Draco's POV

"No" I said to Y/n even though I know to myself that's the truth.

"I can't be your happiness—I only brought you pain. I am cursed! Both of your parents died when we were still together—you had your first unhappy birthday because of me—you almost got killed because of me. Y/n...I can't have you. You're already free from me so I can't be your happiness"

"But you are my true happiness. It makes me crazy Draco"

"No...I'm sorry" I left her without saying a proper goodbye. I used my last strength to apparate away from Hogwarts. Luckily I got in my room before mother could come in.

For the past 2 years—I have been isolated. And I understand that. For the past 2 years, I've been sneaking around the Manor, doing all the things I could do before I could go—and yes that includes breaking her heart.

It pains me yet I have to do it—because the more I stay, the more I bring curse and unhappy things to her life and I cannot stand that to watch.

For the past 2 years, I saw how happy she is with Adrian. And I wished I was the one who makes her smile like that but that would be selfish of me.

But I am happy that she finally found someone who is better than me—who deserves her. Because honestly I cannot bring that kind of happiness to her.

I took a deep breath and crawled my way to my bed. As soon I felt the mattress, I looked to my right where my side table is—and where Y/n'a picture laid there.

I took it and and smile, as I caressed the picture. I will never be tired to stare at her face, I placed the frame back and closed my eyes.

"Darling? You have visitors" I heard my mother from the other side, I used my wand to unlock the door and didn't bothered to look who my visitors was.

"Oh my god"

Shit

I looked up to see Adrian, together with Pansy. And both of them looked surprised as hell. As if they saw a ghost.

"Draco? W-what happened to you?" Pansy asked worriedly and I shrugged and sighed.

"Don't tell her...Especially you"