XLI • Tell me why

The following chapters are flashback of Y/n

It's not impossible...my love isn't impossible

Third Person's POV

Y/n is now in front of the Manor, scared and nervous to see him. She doesn't know what to say, or what to do.

Is she mad at him? Yes—he's been hiding his sickness since sixth year. But does she love him? Absolutely yes—she was and still in love with him.

She gathered all of her courage and knocked on the door three times—right on her chest was the Malfoy Emblem, pinned in her blouse.

Soon, the door opened and it was Narcissa—shocked to see Y/n

"Y/n? Darling what are you doing in here?"

"Mrs. Malfoy...is..is Draco here? I wish to speak to him" Narcissa doesn't know what to say, whether to lie about Draco or tell her the truth.

"Draco? He's not here darling—I think he wen—"

"I know he's sick. I want to be there for him" Narcissa couldn't say any more words as it is useless to make up an excuses. She nodded and let her in, but before she could go straight to his room, Narcissa stopped her with a motherly smile

"Can we talk first? Draco is currently resting darling—and I will tell you all what I know" Narcissa said, Y/n wanted to be mad at her but she couldn't. She just nodded and smiled

/cont./

"I see that you wore my family's emblem" Narcissa said as she served her a darjeeling tea. She sipped on the tea, noticed a gold sparkles around it.

"This cup...it's from our store—I don't recall my brother selling this one" She said, looking up to see Narcissa, holding a box on her hand.

"Draco bought from your brother. Here—it's Draco's letters and gifts for you. I want to send it to you but, Draco refused" Y/n looked at the letters—all were sealed shut and the gifts are neatly wrapped.

And Draco even left a small notes with his handwriting.

"Since when he became sick?" Y/n asked suddenly, glancing at Narcissa. She can tell that she is bothered but bravely faced it.

"Right after the ritual of the Dark Lord, he developed symptoms—he vomited blood, get nauseous all the time. At first we thought it's just an effects. Not until we went to St. Mungos. That's when we found out he is sick."

I looked at Narcissa with teary eyes—She must have gone through ups and downs several times—I can imagine her pain, I can feel her fear of losing a child, cause I too once lost a child.

"Where is he?" I asked her, she wiped her tears and smiled.

"In his room...he doesn't know you're here" I nodded at her and stood up from my seat to walk towards Draco's room but Narcissa stopped me once more

"You're my only last hope—I hope you do understand that" I nodded at her and hugged her. I felt her warmth, a motherly hug.

"I will do everything I can" I muttered to her and she smiled at me with eyes filling up with hope and happiness.

/cont./

I knocked on his door and I hear his faint voice—how I miss his voice. No, I miss him so much.

I slowly opened the door and there I saw him, wearing a cardigan while looking at the view outside from his window. I smiled at him and I can tell he doesn't still know that I am here.

"You should wear more cardigan. It suits you very well" He made a sudden turn and his face was surprised. I smiled at him

"W-what are you doing here? You shouldn't be here! Get out now"

"You can't make me, cause I am a Malfoy now" I said and showed him the pin. He looked at me with disbelief and amusement

"I know you are sick Draco...Blaise, Adrian, even your mother told me the whole truth...now, answer me. Tell me why did you choose to hide it from me?" It took him a minute to answer, I paved my way to him and he kept backing up. I caressed his cold cheeks, and I have gotten a better view of him. He looked so pale and skinny.

"I...I don't want to burden you anymore"

"Draco..."

"I wanted to say it to you but—I was scared. I am scared. I kept it to myself. I asked Blaise a favor—remember the last time you saw me? I sneaked out. I knew you are going to be there so I stayed there for awhile, just to take one look from you, before I die" My heart drenched in pain as soon he mentioned that he is going to die.

"No, you're not gonna die—not on my watch Draco. Together—we will fight. We will survive this—remember our vows? Our promises? Together with all bullshits" I said to to him and he sobbed quietly. I pulled him for a gentle hug

And there it is again—the warmth I've been longing for so long. It's there—the feelings that has been growing each and every day

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry"

"Shh, I'm here love—don't worry" I whispered to his ears as he kept sobbing on my shoulders.

"You were always my happiness Draco...you were. And I love you"