• XLIII • Spring Day

The following chapters are flashbacks of Y/n

Snowflakes falling from sky

Third Person's POV

December 1st, 2005

The halls of Malfoy Manor's are filled with eerie silence. Both Malfoy men waited patiently outside of Draco's room, listening to blood curling screams of Y/n as she gave birth to their heir

He tapped his fingers rhythmically, as he was excited and anxious to meet his child. He was in cloud nine, he stared at the door manifesting for his mother to come out. But he felt his father's hand and he looked at him confused but excited.

"I'm proud of you" Lucius mumbled, looking straight at the door as they waited for the news.

"About what?"

"For overcoming this obstacles. After your Winter came, Spring came to your life. And that is Y/n and your son"

"I guess I'm proud of myself too...and I'm proud at you too"

"Why is that?"

"Because I am lucky to have you as my father" Lucius chuckled softly, but deep down inside him he was still guilty about what he have done to his own son

But his train of thoughts were interrupted when Narcissa opened the door. A huge smile on her face as she stepped outside. Draco was the first one who stood up and saw Y/n, laying down on her bed with their son on her arms.

"Snowflakes falling from the sky..." Draco was stunned but a smile formed on his lips as he listened to Y/n's lullaby.

"Go...you can hold your son" Narcissa whispered to his ears and patted his back. He nodded at her and quietly approached Y/n's bed

"Hey..." He greeted, Y/n looked up and smiled

"Hey...look! It's our baby, he got your eyes Draco" She said and cooed at her sleeping baby. Draco gently touched his son's cheeks and he made a small sound which melted everyone's heart inside the room.

"Scorpius...Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy" Draco mumbled, Scorpius—his son suddenly smiled on his sleep and he chuckled as he stared him

"Do you want to hold him?"

"But what if I drop him? What if he catches my illnes, what if I—"

"Draco Lucius Malfoy, you are not going to drop him. And he won't catch your illness. You are recovering from it. Come here love" Y/n interrupted him which he obeyed. He sat right next to Y/n and she gently placed their son on his arms. As soon he held him he couldn't stop his tears from falling out from his eyes.

"I wish Winter is here, to see her baby brother"

"She is here...right here with us love" Y/n sand and rested her head on Draco's shoulders.

/cont./

5 months have passed, Scorpius is growing day by day. Draco couldn't stop spoiling his son and that goes the same for Lucius but between those months, Draco hid something from his family that he knew, one day they will all find out.

But now, Draco is watching Scorpius while Y/n takes care of her flower shop business. She recently relocated her business in Diagon Alley and decided to continue it in honor of their daughter Winter.

Draco, looked at his son, holding his tiny hands as young Scorpius sleeps through the day

"Scorp, I know you are still too little to remember this. But I want you to know, Dada loves you ver much. So does mommy. I want you to grow up like your mom- strong, brave, kind, and polite. I know I don't have much time left here on this planet but I am happy to spend some months with you..." Draco paused for a second and wiped his tears, and gently caressed his son's cheeks

"Promise me, you will always look after your mom. Promise me to be a good boy Scorp. And I don't care if you are sorted into other houses. I want you to know, that I am very proud to be your father. I don't know why I am saying this but...I have a feeling I am going with your sister anytime" Draco mumbled to his sleeping son and kissed his head.

He hummed him a song but stopped in midway when he felt a liquid coming up through his throat. He let go of Scorpius' hand and rushed to the bathroom and vomited.

His eyes widened when he saw his vomit. It wasn't normal like before. Once he saw the blood on his lips he knew right away, his illness is back

"This can't be right...no...no...I should be fine. I am fine. I showed recoveries, I showed them I could fight it off. This isn't right, I'm supposed to be healed!"

"Son...what is this?"

/cont./

Lucius looked at Draco, skeptical about his explanation. He was pacing back and forth, rubbing his chin and spoke

"So you are telling me...you went to see a doctor again a few months ago and he told you that you are now recovering?" Draco nodded at his father's question and Lucius nodded and started pacing back and forth again.

"Why didn't you tell me?! Your mother?!"

"Because I don't want any more medications! I don't want to be burden, I don't want anything! And this is my decision father. Mine—and I want to spend the remaining years with my wife and my son."

"And I don't want to have false hope. The doctor—he said that my illness is rare. Rare but curable but in my case we are far too late. And I just want to spend the rest of my days here, with Y/n and Scorpius. So please don't tell them, especially Y/n"

Lucius nodded at him, he sighed but nodded and hugged Draco. He whispered he promised not to tell and Draco thanked him.

And in that exact moment, Narcissa saw how Lucius and Draco finally become close but what she didn't know that things are going to be worse before it could be better