The Cave

"Well, I obviously slept through something interesting," said Tulip, as she sat down at the breakfast table. "You lot look like the world's most awkward ice sculpture."

They were indeed all frozen in various states of discomfort. 

Talbott stared angrily down at his eggs; he'd convinced Penny to return home to Sophia, but she'd hadn't departed on good terms.

Merula was looking as haughty and done with them all as always. Jacob grunted with impatience at them all holding him back from his mission, and Elena kept glaring suspiciously at Sarah. Barnaby was clearly lost in his own thoughts, and if Tulip had to guess, he was thinking about something absolutely revolting. His skin had gone green. 

Sarah and Diego were holding hands under the table, which Tulip surmised to be the reason for Sarah's sweaty pallor and Diego's sly grin. 

Tulip supposed she couldn't expect much better after the only wizard who had a chance in hell of killing Voldemort was dead. 

Well, she supposed there was still Harry Potter, if you believed a word the Prophet said. 

She took a seat on the end of the table, next to Talbott. "I got a patronus-message from Tonks," she said, explaining her tardiness. "Bill's gonna be alright."

There was a collective sigh of relief from her side of the table. 

"Also, she's engaged."

"What?" exclaimed Sarah. "To who?"

"Lupin," said Tulip. The others stared at her in disbelief. "Apparently, they became close while working in the Order. They've known they were in love for a while, but Lupin was against having a relationship on account of him being a werewolf. I guess last night they realized life is too short to worry about that sort of rubbish."

Tulip peeked under the table to see Diego rub Sarah's hand with his thumb. 

"Well, I guess that's good news," said Sarah in a high-pitched voice. 

"So, what's the plan for today?" asked Tulip, shoveling egg into her mouth. "I don't know about you lot, but I'm in the mood to ruin a few Death Eaters' days."

"I'm going after the next horcrux," said Jacob. "Those that want to help, fine. Those that don't, also fine, but I'm leaving in five minutes."

"I go wherever Spellman goes," said Merula defiantly. 

"Which one?" asked Talbott. 

"Her obviously," said Merula, nodding at Sarah. 

Jacob rolled his eyes. "And the rest of you?"

"I'll come," said Sarah. "I want to see this horcrux thing for myself, and we don't have any other orders now anyway."

The others nodded their agreement. It seemed they all felt the same need Tulip did, like her body had become a spring that needed to be released. The need to do...something. 

Barnaby looked anxiously at Elena. "Is that what we're doing?" he asked sheepishly. 

Elena thought for a moment. "Yes, that will be fine."

Tulip narrowed her eyes at them. Barnaby was never one to call his own shots, but he also wasn't a pushover. Tulip couldn't fathom why he was looking at Elena like that, almost like he was afraid of her. She glanced at Sarah to see what she thought; Sarah just looked at him sadly. 

"Alright, let's go," said Jacob, rising from the table. "I honestly don't know what we're about to face, but be ready to fight for your lives."

After quickly packing everything away they all linked arms, and Jacob disapparated.