Muggle Hunters

When they returned, Talbott looked relieved and Penny rushed over to give them hugs, but Barnaby didn't notice them come in. He was engrossed in the television set.

"Barnaby?" Sarah called. "We're back!"

She got no response from him until she reached over the back of the couch and snapped her fingers in front of his face.

He jumped."Oh, hi!"

"Barnaby, remember what Professor Quirrel taught us? These television things have curses on them. If you look at them too long, you'll never be able to look away again."

"That's only sort of true," piped up Penny.

"I can't turn it off now! You've got to see this!" Barnaby pointed to the television. "It's Christmas, but these muggle bad guys have taken over the building with those freaky black wands they use to kill each other. BUT, one guy is sneaking around the building and taking them out one by one to save the people and Christmas!"

Sarah stared at the screen for a moment. A man in a suit with a salt and pepper goatee held a muggle wand up to a woman's head. Across from him, a man in a bloodied tank top held his hands in the air.

Sarah pointed to the man with the goatee. "Am I crazy or does that guy look exactly like Snape?"

The others stared at the screen. Diego snorted.

"You're crazy," said Talbott.

"Maybe if Snape were a bit younger?" said Penny.

"And a lot less greasy," said Barnaby.

Sarah shrugged. "Well, turn it off. We need to talk about what we're going to do next."

"But—"

"Accio!" The remote flew out of Barnaby's hand before he could tighten his grip on it. Talbott turned off the television and pocketed the remote. "What happened with that Death Eater?"

"We left him at Grimmauld Place," said Sarah. "Sirius sent a message to Dumbledore so he could decide what to do with him."

"He did mention they were Romanian, though," said Diego. He looked to Barnaby. "Friends of yours?"

"No! Besides the dragonologists, I didn't get to know anybody there. Except," his eyes flashed to Sarah and quickly away again, "nevermind."

"I'm less concerned about him and more about his friends," said Sarah. "Did you hear them say they had to bring back those muggles' hearts to the Death Eaters? Soon as they escaped, they probably found some other poor kids to murder. Is there anyway we can track them down?"

"Not without ministry means," said Talbott. "And anyway, they probably would have finished the job by now."

Penny gasped. Sarah hung her head. A terrible grief hung in the air as Talbott's words landed on them.

"We've got to figure out a way to stop these people," said Sarah. "We need to be out there, preventing this from happening."

"But we've no way of knowing where attacks will happen," said Talbott. "What can we do?"

They were silent for a bit, thinking. How could they possibly track down the Death Eaters?

"I know what I wanna do," said Barnaby. They all looked to him. "First, I want to get a wand."

"Wouldn't it be too risky for any of us to go into Diagon Alley?" asked Diego.

"I need a wand," Barnaby insisted. "I'm finally well enough to get around on my own, so tomorrow I'm going to Ollivander's."