Chapter Three: The Read-Through

************************(Bianca: in the fitting room)

(Bianca: in the fitting room)

"I'm not gonna lie, I was really surprised that I landed the role of Gabriella. I guess, it feels good to be back. But, I don't really know if I deserve it." She uncomfortably ponders a moment.

She shrugs it off, "And, I know I said it wouldn't matter what role I get, because no matter what, I'll still be close to EJ... But I really didn't think that through. Gabriella and Chad get, like, no scenes together. And I can't just go up to him and start a conversation."

She sighs and crosses her arms, "I'm upset that Ricky Bowen got the part." She enunciates in disgust, "We haven't even properly met yet, things are gonna be so awkward. I don't like him." She firmly declares.

************************

(Ricky: out in the hall)

"Bianca Sweeney? Her name alone sounds snobby." in disgust.

"But I'm not gonna let her get in the way of why I'm here. I'mma turn this around with Nini..with pheromones..." He boasts, holding up a bottle of Nini's favorite cologne.

*********************************
*Third-person POV*

"Inside, I'm a bucket of sad." EJ explains.

"Because of Bianca? Or because you're still not over the not-getting-Troy thing?" Ashlyn wonders.

"First off, Bianca made things worse. Just as I thought we were friends--"

Ashlyn raises a brow, "EJ, do you still like her?" She pressed.

"No." He answers without hesitation.

"Then tell her that. Don't lead her on, EJ." She firmly encourages.

"I will. Soon." EJ assures, Ashlyn rolls her eyes. "Anyway. I put three years into this drama department, and now I have to understudy my girlfriend's ex? Not to mention, my ex-girlfriend and my current girlfriend's ex-boyfriend are the leads."

"I know, it sucks. But, maybe, it'll be good for you to not get what you want, for once?" Ashlyn sneers.

**************************************
*Bianca's POV*

(Bianca: in the fitting room)

She forced a confident smile and cheerful tone, "Today is the read-through, and I am determined to make things right, to be the perfect leading lady!"

Her face fell and voice returned dry, "How was that?"

My ponytail and skirt swung with the fervor of my steps as I eagerly marched into the bomb shelter, and approached Carlos, who was on his phone. His attention shifted once I drew near. His brows raise as confusion crosses his face.