Chapter Forty-Three: Wrapped

***************************Thunder roared outside as it poured rain

Thunder roared outside as it poured rain. 

Hearing Maddox announce: "That's a wrap on High School Musical 4!" felt like a breath of fresh air. Finally, we could enjoy our senior year without having half the building closed off for the movie.

With her proud boyfriend by her side, Gina thanks the cast and crew, while also accepting their praise, as the featured extras have a celebration of their own in the corner. My boyfriend and I are behind them.

"I was never really committed to being an extra," Ricky starts, crossing his arms, "But it feels weird seeing someone else in my role." EJ took it over.

"Awwe," I tease, "And you nailed the 2 minutes you filmed."

We share a gentle laugh as he recalls, "I don't think I even made it to filming."

"Well," I quietly blurt, stepping closer, "The nerd costume wasn't doing anything for me, anyway." My voice was quiet, almost suggestive.

"You know you liked it on me." His teasing made butterflies fill my stomach.

I playfully roll my eyes, caving in, "I hate that I did!"

Ricky smiled as I laughed gently, soft eyes admiring me.

"I hate still being a secret." His words were quiet, as if accidentally speaking aloud.

My laughter came to a halt as my heart ached, from not only his words, but also the sincerity and longing in his voice.

"I love you." quietly.

The corners of his mouth quirk up, "I love you. And now that the movie's over, and your reputation is looking better, this..pretending-not-to-be-dating thing is over, right?"

My face falls, nodding hesitantly, "Well, yeah, we can just see how everything feels after." I nervously blurt.

Confusion crosses his face, huffing an awkward laugh to ease the now uncomfortable tension, so I offer a small smile.

Our joyful friends gather around, still celebrating, which breaks us out of our stares; Ricky keeps his gaze on me for a moment.

"B, do we need to switch outfits immediately!?" Ashlyn jests, analyzing me.

I chuckle gently, "Yes, please!"

"Yeah," Kourtney agrees, puzzled, "What is going on here?" She motions to my hair and top.

Carlos answers for me, "Quinn would only let her back on set if she added a piece of white and put a bow in her hair."

"Awwe, Bianca, and you did it?!" She admires, taken aback.

I nod assuredly, "Yeah, I was gonna snap, but then realized that I don't wanna be like her anymore, making people's lives miserable. Plus, slapping Jarred satisfied me!" I smile proudly.