Chapter Seven: Homecoming

*Third-Person POV*

"I'm telling you, Nini hardcore friend-zoned me." Ricky explains, walking down the hall with Big Red.

"Then ask someone else." His best friend suggests.

"Oh, yeah? Who?" He sarcastically questions.

"Bianca?" Big Red suggests, shrugging.

Ricky rolls his eyes, "Not this again. Bianca and I don't like each other. We will never get along."

"You say that now, but you never know!" Big Red protests, throwing his arms out.

*********************************************Bianca's POV*

**************************It has been a few days since Carlos told me about his crush on Seb, and while the two of them have grown closer, Carlos is still hesitant to ask him to homecoming

It has been a few days since Carlos told me about his crush on Seb, and while the two of them have grown closer, Carlos is still hesitant to ask him to homecoming.

After rehearsal, as everyone was packing up, while Carlos and Seb were still chatting, I made the decision to take matters into my own hands.

I sat down at the piano to begin playing and singing What I've Been Looking For (Reprise), in an effort to create a romantic spark.

When I ended the song, they exchanged a smile that spoke for itself, after stealing glances at one another many times.

I walked away silently, happy with myself.

(Bianca: in front of the lockers)

"I'm still paranoid that Seb doesn't like me, especially since we haven't talked since he gave me the cold shoulder. And, even though I'm afraid that'll put a wedge between me and Carlos, I would do anything to see Carlos happy, even if that doesn't include me anymore."

She huffs a laugh, fighting back tears in her glossy eyes at the thought of losing her friendship with Carlos, "I'm growin' up."

I stepped out of the bomb shelter after the performance so Carlos and Seb could chat and, hopefully, arrange plans for homecoming. And later, when I came back, I found Carlos wearing a wide grin. I smiled, interpreting it as his reaction to Seb's acceptance.

"I'm guessing he said yes?" I teasingly assume.

"He did!" Carlos beams, standing up from his seat.

"I'm so happy for you." My features soften, squeezing his shoulder affectionately.

He wiggles his brows, "So, are you gonna ask anyone?"

"Nope." I pop the P, shaking my head, "Ashlyn and I are gonna have a girls' night."

"Homecoming is not girls' night!" He exclaims.

I shake my head in disagreement, "I'm mad at EJ, and there's no one else I would want to go with."