Chapter Twenty-Six: Happy Campers

******************"Mom and Benjamin are officially on their way to the airport," Damian starts, pulling out their wedding cake from the freezer, "Kat is with her on a siblings-only trip," He continues, taking forks out of the drawer, before holdin...

******************
"Mom and Benjamin are officially on their way to the airport," Damian starts, pulling out their wedding cake from the freezer, "Kat is with her on a siblings-only trip," He continues, taking forks out of the drawer, before holding one out for me. My brother is sporting a casual, salmon sweatsuit.

"Which means... Sweeney siblings summer of fun!" He concludes, grinning.

"Hm," I sarcastically hum, smiling, as I take the fork, "I haven't heard that since the last time Dad bailed on me."

He nods, digging a fork into the cake, "And we had a great summer, remember?"

I laugh, reminiscing, "We tried to bake and almost burned down the house."

"And that's the summer you confessed that you hate sharing a name with mother, and thus became Bianca." He humorously adds.

I nod, smiling, "That was a good summer. I won't be able to enjoy myself this time, though. All of my friends think I'm with Dad, and I have yet to tell them the truth."

"They're all at camp?" He questions.

"Shallow Lake," I confirm, nodding, "The one EJ's been begging me to go to."

"I don't get it, why can't you go now that you don't have any plans?"

I shrug, glancing down, "I guess I'm kinda embarrassed."

"They're not gonna judge you."

I nod in agreement, "I know. I should be with them right now. I can literally hear Carlos freaking out and telling me to get down there, because, "John Adams spends the summer with his family." I scoff a laugh, playfully rolling my eyes.

Damian nods in approval at the reference, "Hamilton. Classic."

I chuckle gently, before taking a bite of cake.

"See," He proudly starts, "I may not be as musically talented-"

"Bullshit! You literally taught me how to dance. Musical theater is coursing through your blood streams, Damie."

"Yeah, but I never did anything about it. It would ruin my edge." He dramatically jests, "As for the dancing, yes, that did come naturally to me after watching Flashdance. Normal employer by day, dancer at night."

My brows raise in surprise, "I wasn't expecting that to be the movie that made you love to dance. I thought it was the absent acting coach's musical influence." I dramatically refer to our father.

"Wrongo," He points the fork in my direction, "Again, edge." We laugh.

"So," I sigh, "I was thinking of picking up extra shifts at Slices. Since I have no summer plans, and I've missed more days than I've worked."

Damian hums in amusement at the latter, "And you still work there? They must think you have a great personality."

I chuckle, shaking my head, "That has to be it."