Chapter Twenty-Seven: Into The Unknown

***********************I hoped that everything that occurred last night was simply a dream, and I would open my eyes only to find myself in Washington, at my dad's house

I hoped that everything that occurred last night was simply a dream, and I would open my eyes only to find myself in Washington, at my dad's house.

However, my hopes were crushed as I heard a bugle outside and Maddox's voice: "Rise and shine, newbies! You're on Shallow Lake time now. Whoo!"

Once the girls and I were awake, and Gina came back from having coffee with EJ, we decided to all get ready together.

I am sitting cross-legged up in my bunk; the top next to Ashlyn's, above a random camper.

"I can't believe we're actually gonna be in this documentary!" Ashlyn beams.

I nod in agreement, "Directed by Mr. Chad Danforth himself."

She continues, "Okay, one could say the stakes for auditions have never been higher. And one will. I will." Ashlyn raises her hand, "The stakes have never been higher."

I huff a laugh, nodding, "Right."

"B," Ashlyn starts, "You know I'm so happy that you're part of the ginger club, but..were the Anna braids just a coincidence, or for good luck?" She teases.

I shrug, "When the love of my life, Corbin Bleu, announced Frozen, I was, like, my mom has to be psychic! Right?!"

She chuckles, "Just don't lose yourself to the vanity of it all."

I shrug, "I haven't been this excited about auditions in years. Because this time, I'm finally doing it for myself."

"I hate to interrupt this sweet moment," A stressed Kourtney starts, "And I'm so proud of you, Bianca. But..I think I'm having withdrawals. I mean, this is the first day I haven't had a headache in my entire life."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Gina questions.

"No!" She exclaims, "I don't know who I am without screens!"

"Isn't it crazy," Gina derails the conversation, "The whole documentary thing. Like, that could literally be our future."

I nod in agreement, "Especially being directed by-"

"The love of my life, Corbin Bleu." Gina began to mock me, so the girls joined in, before laughing.

I chuckle gently, nodding in approval, "It seems I've mentioned it a few times."

"All right, Mrs. Bleu," She teases.

I sigh, in a dream-like state, "Doesn't it just sound right?" We laugh.

Ashlyn squeals, "I'm so happy that we're experiencing this all together! I'm so glad you could make it, B."

"Me too, Ash." I grin, reaching over the wall that separates our bunks to squeeze the hand that she extended.

Gina nods, "I'm glad most of us are here. Isn't it crazy how Ricky showed up? EJ and I were just talking about how unexpected that was."

I tense up uncomfortably, but thankfully, the girls did not notice, they just agreed with Gina.