Chapter Thirty-Two: Bucket List

***********************"Theater nerds," Damian earns the attention, taking a seat at the director's table, sporting the camp counselor attire

"Theater nerds," Damian earns the attention, taking a seat at the director's table, sporting the camp counselor attire.

"The past few days have been rough," He began, "There was some drama, and while we were able to push past it, I just wanted to make sure everybody knew that this is a safe space." He paused for the dramatic, everyone admires his words and actions.

"So," Damian continues, "I wanted everyone to say how they relate to their character. Or what you've learned from them."

Carlos raises his hand, "I'll go first." Already making his way to the front of the room.

"Carlos," Damian motions for him to continue, nodding appreciatively.

"I really relate to Elsa," Carlos starts, "I know what it's like to live with a huge secret that your family wants to keep away from the world. She isolated herself for so long, only ever dreaming of a day when she could be free. And while on the outside, people think she is put together, she's actually kind of a mess of her insecurities." He huffs a laugh, "But..she made it. She's free now and lives peacefully. She loves herself."

I am smiling wide, with a hand over my heart, proud of my best friend.

"And," Carlos continues, "What I've learned from playing her, is that I deserve to be up there playing her. Last time I was up on stage, I was a candlestick and almost passed out every time I sang. But now, I'm Queen Elsa, the lead!" He grins, before quickly bowing to conclude.

We cheer for him, with Jarred clearly overdoing it for Carlos' attention.

Damian smiles, "We're all so proud of you."

"Yes, we are." I grin, squeezing Carlos' shoulder supportively.

"I love you, guys!" Carlos beams, "Now, get up there, Anna." He encourages. I nod, going to the front of the room.

"Anna is enthusiastic," I start, smiling, "She waits for people without even knowing if they're gonna show back up again. She goes above and beyond for them, some would argue that they don't even deserve it."

Damian nods in agreement, offering a smile, knowing that I was talking about Dad. I smile at him.

"That's not it," I continue, "She finds someone who she thinks is so perfect and flawless, but then it turns out he's actually the worst. Like, royally.." I pause for the dramatic, earning some laughs from around the room.

Thankfully, the drama club now recognizes that I am referring to Howie, rather than EJ, when I say things like that. Truly, though, it could apply to any of the guys I've dated.

I smile, "And then, she ends up falling for someone completely unexpected, who awakens an adventurous side of her; a side that she didn't even know existed until him."

I glanced over, locking eyes with Ricky. Pure adoration is shadowing his features. I smile, which he returns.

"That's it." I finally conclude, tone playful after that moment of silence where Ricky and I stared at one another. Everyone applauds, and I take my seat.