Chapter Thirty-Four Let It Go

***********************Not only is today opening night, but it is also Ricky's birthday, so I took it upon myself to gather everyone in the canteen to surprise him

Not only is today opening night, but it is also Ricky's birthday, so I took it upon myself to gather everyone in the canteen to surprise him. The campers were not happy to be awake so early.

"Here," I mutter, setting down a cup of coffee for Carlos, who is resting his voice; while wearing a tracksuit that matched mine, with his being red velvet. He smiles and nods appreciatively.

"Poison Ivy," Val sighs, sitting opposite Carlos, "The man of the hour isn't even here yet."

"Yeah," Kourtney chimes in, "And bribing us with coffee isn't gonna make us happy to be awake so early."

I heard the humor behind her words, hence why she shared a laugh with some of the campers, but I was too stressed to joke around.

I cross my arms, trying not to snap, "I'm not bribing you guys. Carlos is on vocal rest and needs an espresso to survive."

Carlos' eyes widen in agreement, nodding, while raising the white mug for emphasis.

Seb chuckles gently, caressing his stressed boyfriend's back. "He agrees, and says he loves you, Bianca. And I say, I'm getting flashbacks to when everyone was mad at us for gathering them in my barn, for Carlos' Quinceañero."

I finally crack a genuine smile at the memory Seb shared, and Carlos grins.

Jet raises his hand, "I'm also on vocal rest, if that means you'll bring me coffee."

I roll my eyes and turn my head, as he earns a few laughs from around the room.

EJ, who had a sleepy Gina on his lap, raises his hand, "I second that."

Gina groaned, eyes shut as she rests her head on her boyfriend's shoulder, "Stop moving."

"B," Ashlyn questions, "Where's Damian?"

EJ nods in agreement, looking around for my brother, "Yeah,"

I sigh, shutting my eyes in annoyance, "Picking up Kat from the airport, if you guys were listening to anything I said when we arrived!"

The Caswell cousins share a look, their eyes widening in regret.

"Huh," Maddox playfully observed, "Someone's a little stressed about falling on stage or forgetting her lines." She teases.

I know she meant well, and would take it personally if I revealed my annoyance at the joke — though she acts tough, Maddox is secretly sensitive. I caught on when she was upset about the girls not liking her at first. So, I forced a tight-lipped smile and chose not to speak.

(Bianca: in front of the barn)

She huffs an anxious laugh, "I'm a little stressed. I'm trying to make Ricky's birthday perfect, while also making sure opening night is perfect for Carlos. But now, I'm freaking out because I forgot to ask Ashlyn if she's ok with seeing Big Red right now, while she's finding herself and her sexuality, but I already called him in to surprise Ricky."