Chapter Five: The Wonderstudies

(Bianca: in the auditorium, at the piano)

"I keep thinking about how Carlos mumbled "Too far," when Miss Jenn talked about the kiss. I need to ask him now that I think that we're friends?" in confusion, she tilts her head while uncertainty crosses her face.

She shrugs it off and rolls her eyes, "I don't know. I just know that he and Miss Jenn are planning something, and they didn't want me to know about it."

"Come on. Let's try again." Carlos instructs the blindfolded dancers.

I cross my arms and lean against the doorframe, watching in amusement as the dancers struggle to tackle Carlos' insane techniques.

"Take five?" I suggest, walking further into the bomb shelter.

Carlos turns around, his brows furrowed, "Bianca?" The dancers immediately take off their blindfolds, looking relieved.

I blink with a false concerned expression, "Carlos, did you kidnap these poor souls?"

"Hey, I'm just showing them what it's like to be dedicated dancers." He turned his head to shout that, and the dancers shake their heads in shame.

"Well, I think they got it." I shrug, while the dancers walk past us to take a break.

With a small smile, Carlos playfully shakes his head, "What's up, Bianca?"

"Carlos, I keep thinking about something you said.." I pause for the dramatic, crossing my arms.

Confusion crosses his face, "Okay?" urging me to continue.

"The first day of rehearsal: Miss Jenn told us about the kiss, you said, "Too far." I pause, he nods along, "What was too far? What are you guys planning?"

He sighs, caving in, "It's no secret that you and Ricky hate each other. But, Miss Jenn thought he was your ex."

Taken aback, disgust crosses my face, "Ew! Why?!"

"Hm, I don't know.." Carlos sarcastically ponders, "Maybe the hearts in your eyes during his audition!"

Confusion crosses my face, putting my hands on my hips, "What?! I was relating to Ricky's speech because I was upset about EJ."

"I'm just saying.." He protests, shrugging, "Miss Jenn saw a connection between you two, so she went with it. Then, after she found out that you two can't even look at each other without glaring, she thought that a kiss would bring that connection back out."

I roll my eyes and scoff, "Two things. Kinda weird." I start, he shrugs in slight agreement.

"Secondly, Ricky and I hate each other, we're never gonna fool the audience into believing that we're in love. I need to quit the show."

Carlos rolls his eyes, "Bianca, I know you want to quit because of EJ, but I'm not gonna let you do that. You've come too far!"

I shake my head, sadness crossing my face, "I can't, Carlos."

"Yes, you can!" Carlos encourages, "And the only way you're gonna fool the audience, is if you actually get to know Ricky. You might have more in common than you think." He teases, winking.

I shake my head as my eyes narrow, sensing his teasing, "Ignoring the wink,"

Carlos throws his hands up in surrender, "I also sensed tension! That fight? You could cut it with a knife."

Shock crosses my face, taken aback and disgusted, "No way! Ricky is a skater boy, who gives up on things too easily. We would never work."

"I'm sorry, who did I just have to talk out of giving up on the musical?" He teases.