Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Woman in the Woods

*********************Neither Carlos nor I could sleep; we were up bright and early, trying to be quiet so we would not wake the cabin with our laughter

Neither Carlos nor I could sleep; we were up bright and early, trying to be quiet so we would not wake the cabin with our laughter. Oddly, though, trying not to laugh only makes things funnier.

I pressed my lips together, for not only the gloss, but to stifle my laughter, while screwing the lid back on the lipgloss bottle.

Carlos laughed with his head in both hands, sitting cross-legged in his bunk, while I am sitting with my back against the railing.

EJ groaned in annoyance, "Is that the camp ghost?" Sarcastically.

The moment our friend asks a strange inquiry that resembles Jet's from the night before, my and Carlos' eyes widen as we gaze at one another, with a hint of concern on our faces. Finally, we burst out laughing.

EJ yawns, climbing down from his bunk to the floor, "I should get up, anyway. Gonna have coffee with Gina before Val posts the cast list."

Carlos and I gasp, making EJ's brows furrow in confusion.

"That's what we're trying not to think about!" My best friend exclaims.

He puts his hands up in surrender, before crossing his arms, "You know, Bianca," EJ teasingly starts, "Girls aren't supposed to be in the boys' Yurt."

I narrow my eyes knowingly and tilt my head, "Aren't? Or it's just never happened before?"

EJ crosses his arms, "Ha, ha," sarcastically, before looking around, "So, everyone's awake except for Ricky and.."

"I'm up," a tired Ricky announces, clearing his throat, "Thanks to the giggling."

Carlos gasps, "Blanche does. I don't."

"I don't!" playfully defensive.

"You really do." Ricky teases, leaning his head down to look at us. I mockingly smile and glare.

"Wait, where's Jet?" EJ questions, noticing the empty bunk, "He's usually here all day."

Carlos shrugs, "He left after his shower earlier."

EJ glances around awkwardly, "Should we..go look for him?"

I wave it off, standing up, "He's fine. Now that we're all awake, Carlos and I wanted to perform our second audition-song-choice."

EJ huffs a laugh, "Sorry, I'm gonna miss it." He announces, leaving the Yurt to meet with Gina.

"His loss." Carlos gloats, shrugging with confidence.

I plug Damian's iPod into the speaker, playing Too Cool from Camp Rock.

It was not as good or organized as our audition yesterday, and we could hardly control our laughter. Carlos sang into a purple makeup brush, while I sang into my lipgloss bottle.