Chapter Eight: What Team?

Today, we are recreating the iconic HSM cover of the cast up in the air, for our production's poster. I feel out of place in the bright colors for Gabriella's costume—the orange sweater, green shirt, and blue pants—but at the same time, grateful; I gave myself the weekend to recover and decided to not quit the show.

"Check on camera." I hear Carlos instruct Kourtney.

Knowing that he is nearby, I slowly make my way toward him. I clear my throat to get his attention, before raising my brows and holding my arms out to reveal the Gabriella costume.

With a gasp, his eyes widen in admiration, "Blanche! You look beautiful! The bright colors!"

"I feel like an Easter egg." I dryly complain.

He nearly bursted out laughing at my sincerity, "Give me a twirl!" He grins.

I roll my eyes, with my hands flat out to comply with the twirl—slowly, without enthusiasm—as he chuckles gently and nods in approval, which causes the corners of my mouth to quirk up in a small smile.

"I just need to do my hair, then I'm all set." I inform, squeezing his shoulder as I step away. Carlos nods in acknowledgment.

***************************
After finishing my hair and stepping out from behind the curtain, I hear Seb and Carlos laughing, so I move toward them.

However, upon finding EJ getting into costume, because he was running late, I stop in my tracks as my heart falls anxiously.

For a brief moment, our eyes lock, and I return his tight-lipped smile, before fixing my gaze onto Carlos and Seb, "I don't have nachos, Sharpay, don't be scared." I joke.

Going along with it, Seb playfully rolls his eyes, "Oh, but aren't you the new lifeguard?" in a sassy, Sharpay tone. The three of us laugh.

With a hand over his heart, Carlos squeezes his eyes shut, "I love this!" He admires, as we laugh.

"Bianca, this is the first time I've seen you in bright colors!" Seb admires.

"Right!" Carlos grins.

I huff a laugh while glancing down at the outfit, "I hate it."

"Let's get some air, Wildcats!" Gina announces, walking in, before interacting with Ricky. It appears they have made up after Homecoming.

"Okay, guys. We're gonna get one in for practice, okay?" Big Red informs.

Taking places between Ricky and Seb, I prepare to strike the same pose as Gabriella; arms overhead, mouth open in a wide grin.

"We're all gonna jump on the count of three. Ready? One, two, three." He clicks the camera, but we all jump at different times.

Kourtney passes by and apologizes for getting in the shot, which gave us a moment to settle in.

"One, two, three." Again, we jump at different times—accidentally knocking down a letter on the HSM sign this time.

"Wait, what happened?" Big Red questions, taken aback.

Ricky shrugs, growing annoyed, "Where to begin?"

"What didn't happen?" I sarcastically put forth.

"I think you went early." Seb remarks, pointing at Ricky.

I nod in agreement, "I noticed."

The boy in question rolls his eyes at me and the blond.

"Are we jumping on three, or after three?" Gina questions, puzzled.