Chapter Fourty-Four: Play The Scene

*******************************The finishing touch to my new room was putting Polaroids up on the wall

The finishing touch to my new room was putting Polaroids up on the wall. I smiled as I put the final one up: the selfie of me, Ricky, Carlos, and Seb from Halloween.

Suddenly, the door opened: "It still feels weird being able to just walk in." Ricky admits.

The corners of my mouth quirk up wide, looking over to find my boyfriend shutting the door behind him.

"Just gotta know the rules." I teasingly remind, settling at the right side of my bed.

Ricky nods and glances up, stripping off his converses and dark flannel, "Location on while out late,"

"Because Damie watches too much true crime," I jokingly add.

Ricky captures my lips in a gentle kiss, plopping down on my bed and lying down, then resting on his elbow next to me.

I shift cross-legged, amused as he continues, "No turning on the kitchen after midnight 'cause it shines in their room. And, uh..always be..mindful." He grins.

I chuckle gently, "It's nice to have boundaries, not..insane rules."

He nods, admiring me, "You seem happier." He then glances around, "I love it in here. It's so..you."

My eyes soften, nodding in agreement, then I lean in to capture his lips in a tender kiss, while running my fingers through his curls. 

(Bianca: on her bed, in her new room)

She smiles wide, "I have never felt more at peace with stillness than I do right now. Things have felt easy recently. My mom and I have continued therapy with Mrs. Greene, and I think the separation, as opposed to living together, was what we needed all along. And my new room.." in shock, she proudly motions around.

"Everything has just been amazing: the musical! Me and Ricky! Carlos and Seb, too!" She sighs in contentment, "I've never been happier."

Kat and I are in the kitchen, while I put a frozen pepperoni pizza in the oven, watching Ricky and Damian play a video game together. It has them on edge, making them shout enthusiastically.

My sister-in-law is standing with her arms crossed, against the counter, so I join her.

"I can't tell if I love this." I admit, "They've been playing this stupid game for two weeks!"

"It's good they're bonding," Kat starts, "But..at what cost." She jokes, and we burst out laughing.

*************************************************