Chapter Thirty-One: Color War

*****************************Everyone was excited for color war today, but EJ and I were anxious over the fact that Channing caught a real conversation of ours on camera

Everyone was excited for color war today, but EJ and I were anxious over the fact that Channing caught a real conversation of ours on camera. So, I decided to talk to Corbin Bleu, in an attempt to sort things out.

"Mr. Bleu?" I call, approaching him.

"Agatha, hey!" Corbin greets, with a smile.

Confusion crossed my face, wondering how he got Agatha from Bianca, especially since he knew my name days prior. I turned my head, hoping to find that he was talking to somebody else, but lo and behold...

"At your service." I sarcastically blurt, masking my confusion with a smile.

"Yesterday was intense, huh?" He questions, crossing his arms.

I nod in agreement, huffing, "Yes, it was. That's what I wanted to talk to you about. Channing caught a, um, private conversation on camera, between my friend EJ and I,"

"Oh," He acted as if realization had dawned on him, "You mean, your ex-boyfriend?"

I force a smile, trying not to grow annoyed, "He does happen to be my ex. And I was just wondering if you could delete the footage? We would rather nobody know that we're exes. Plus, the conversation was super private."

Corbin pointed his index at me, nodding, "That's cute. Very nice, kid. But it's not gonna happen."

My face fell in disappointment and confusion.

He continued, "Unless you praise Nickelodeon, it's going in the doc."

I was completely taken aback, he had no remorse.

"Don't worry," Corbin continues, smiling, "You look like Wednesday Addams. Or like the type of person who cries in a dark room while listening to 'Paint It Black'. People are gonna like you."

Confusion crossed my face, as I glanced over uncomfortably, before forcing a smile, "Thanks." I blurt.

He gave me the rock 'n' roll salute, with his index finger up, middle fingers down, pinky up, and thumb in. "The Rolling Stones," informing me as if I did not know the song, while grinning.

I mirrored the salute with my hand, "Yeah." I mutter, before offering a tight-lipped smile that didn't even reach the eye, as Corbin turned away to talk to the crowd about color war.

I cross my arms, trying to process everything that just happened. Then, I jolted slightly with the force of someone bumping into me, it was Channing; he smiled mockingly, "Oh, hey."

I force a smile, "Hi." matching his mocking tone, before rolling my eyes once I turn my back.

"Hey," EJ approached me, anxiously awaiting, "What did he say?"

I sigh, crossing my arms, "They're not deleting the footage. I think they're now feeding on the fact that we're exes."

He shuts his eyes in defeat, "Did this just get worse?"