Chapter Thirty-Nine: Bianca's Birthday

**********************October 11th, 11:45:PM

October 11th, 11:45:PM

Currently, I am sitting cross-legged on the floor, in my room with boxes surrounding me, while on a Zoom call with Carlos and Maddox; my phone is up on the cardboard.

"She has to keep it, are you kidding!?" Maddox protests.

"She absolutely does not!" Carlos disagrees, shaking his head.

Meanwhile, I am grinning in amusement watching this unfold, while holding the mini trophy my team received after winning color war at camp.

(Bianca: by the stairs in her house)

She sighs in contentment, smiling, "Gina has been crushing it in the role of Bailey; Carlos and Maddox have started bonding, and it's my birthday weekend! But the Friday after my birthday, which is tomorrow, is a Friday the thirteenth."

Shock shadows her features to insinuate how perfect it is, "So, obviously, I'm celebrating tomorrow instead! I'm so happy, that Carlos was even able to convince me to fix my nails." She proudly showcases the black gel polish.

"3..2..1.." I dramatically announce, alternating between the trash bag and 'keep' box.

"-Keep!"

"-Don't keep!"

The shouted unison made me burst out laughing, as I trashed the trophy.

Carlos cheers with his arms overhead in victory, while Maddox boos.

"B, you've kept basically nothing from camp." She complains.

"Except the tiara." He teasingly reminds.

She gasps, playfully offended, "Oh, yeah!"

I playfully roll my eyes, "I don't need mementos of you guys! I have the real thing."

"Oh," She acts as if realization had dawned on her, "So, you aren't keeping the crown to remember winning prom royalty with Ricky?"

"No proof!" I shrug casually, downplaying my smile as I continue organizing the pile of things.

Suddenly, Carlos' face lit up, "I'll let you have it," He spoke so fast, and before I knew it, both my friends shouted: "Happy Birthday!!", while simultaneously, I heard commotion at my window.

I gasp in shock and stand up as I barely had time to grasp what just happened, because I was preoccupied with looking at the pile when it all happened. With one hand over my heart, and the other over my mouth, shock shadowed my features. I finally registered my boyfriend climbing through my window, and laughing friends on the other end of my phone.

"Happy Birthday!" Ricky quietly blurts, struggling to get in.

I burst out laughing while trying to take a deep breath, stunned at how fast that all transpired when the clock struck midnight, October 12th, my birthday.