Chapter Twenty-Nine: No Drama

************************I put on my sunglasses, shutting the Honeycomb door behind me

I put on my sunglasses, shutting the Honeycomb door behind me. I was the last to get ready, therefore I was late to the pool, for the sequence that will supposedly impress Corbin Bleu.

"Oh, hey," Jet greets, not-so-subtly scanning me from top to bottom with his eyes, while approaching from the boys' Yurt.

"Hi," I meet him halfway and cross my arms, "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're mad at me." I assume, resting my sunglasses on my head.

His brows furrow curiously, "How could I be mad at you?"

I shrug, "You barely looked at me last night. I waved and everything."

He shuts his eyes, with his palms out as if implying that it was a misunderstanding. "It wasn't you, it was Ricky."

"Oh?" Intrigued, I urged him to continue.

Jet nods, "Yeah. We talked about you, and he was pretty defensive the entire time, so I just assumed that he likes you, but he denied it."

The corners of my mouth quirk up in a smug smile, nodding along, "Thank you for telling me."

"Sure thing," He sounded unsure before asking, "Is there something going on between you two?"

I wave it off, "No, there isn't."

Jet was taken aback and didn't believe me, "Really?"

I nod, "Yeah!"

(Bianca: in Honeycomb)

With a smug smile, she crosses her arms, "I can have fun with this, right? I mean, Ricky and I are in a good place, but he's still Ricky Bowen, I have to mess with him."

*******************************
I arrive at the pool to find Ricky and Carlos having a conversation.

Ricky's attention shifts to me; he stops paying attention to what Carlos is saying and raises his brows, taking me in with his eyes as he gawks at me.

However, I paid no mind to him, just to mess with his head a little.

My best friend took notice of his distracted state, so he glanced to see what Ricky was looking at. Carlos gasped upon finding me.

"Blanche!" He exclaims, standing up from the beach towel.

I was the last to arrive, so I heard the annoyed 'it's about time!' behind Carlos' words and reaction.

"Thanks," I sarcastically start, lowering my glasses, "You look expensive and ready for Corbin Bleu, as well."

"Absolutely, yes. But, we all agreed to wear pink to the pool!" He reminds.

"Remember mine and Kourtney's experiment?"

Carlos rolls his eyes, "You're still doing that? Here? We have all day!"