High School Never Ends {Gakuen!Prussia}

High School Never Ends {Gakuen!Prussia x Reader}

“Yeah, but then… if you spent the night at my house, I don’t know what I’d do to you…”

Note: Yay, it’s been a while since I’ve written a high school AU ^.^ This is for a friend on dA. Anyways, hope you guys like it!~

You placed your head on the desk and groaned.

You were staying afterhours at school for detention; luckily, you weren’t alone. Sitting around you were your best friends.

You were still somewhat new to this private school, and it seemed everyone here was rich and stuck-up. You were on scholarship, so you couldn’t exactly relate to everyone else. The only people you connected with were Gilbert, Antonio, and Francis.

The four of you had gotten in trouble for coming in late to an assembly and ‘creating a disturbance’ when really, all you’d done was walk in laughing. It wasn’t your fault or your friends’ that everyone had turned their heads. They could have very well kept their attention on the speaker, but no—they just had to see who had come in late and who was laughing.

The sole teacher in the room appeared sleepy. He was leaning his back against the chair and had his feet up on the desk. It was the late afternoon, and the school building was nearly empty except for this room. It was all in-door, three stories high, and with chandeliers hanging in every room. Really? Chandeliers? This was high school, not Cinderella Academy.

Suddenly, Gilbert passed you a note:

“Let’s go.”

You crumpled up the paper and shoved it into your pocket. Glancing at the dozing teacher, you turned to him and whispered, “No. I don’t wanna risk getting caught.” Curiously, you peered over at your other friends. Francis looked to be falling asleep and Antonio was doodling a tomato on the desk. With a huff, you sank back into your seat and crossed your arms. This afternoon was dragging on for much too long.

After about another hour of Gilbert pestering you to ditch with him, there was a knock at the door. The sound broke the large room’s painful silence and woke up almost half of the people in detention.

That ‘almost’ half included Francis and the teacher only, apparently.

“Guhh…” With a yawn, the teacher went over to the door and opened it. “Yes?”

You saw one of the school’s janitors in the doorframe. He informed the teacher, “Now this might not be my business, but I think you’ve kept these kids in too late. Release ‘em from detention already. I’ve locked all the school doors inside and out, and you guys can leave through the main entrance. My shift’s almost over too.”

The teacher nodded. “Sure, John. Thanks for letting me know.”

The janitor continued, “But be careful; once you open up that main entrance, it’ll automatically lock right afterwards. This school’s sealed up like a jail during the night.” And with that, he turned and began wheeling his cart of cleaning supplies away.

While the teacher had been distracted, you were busy trying to get Francis to get up. He was still mumbling while half-asleep as you pushed his shoulder, “Francis! Wake up already.”

At that moment, the teacher turned and said, “Alright. You kids can go now. I hope you don’t cause any more disturbances this year.” Tired out of his mind, he left the room without another word.

By then, Francis was fully awake. “Eh? Oh, I just remembered something-!”

Antonio stood up from his desk, pulling his blue uniform vest back on over his white long-sleeved shirt. “What is it, amigo?” He adjusted his black tie; it was obvious that you’d all been sitting for too long.