Numa Numa {Romania}

Numa Numa {Romania x Reader}

“Every word of love I used to say—now I paint them every day.”

Note: Okay, sorry, I know you guys were expecting Russia’s chapter this update buT ASDFGHJKL IT’S OCTOBER NOW ANd it reminded me of Halloween, which of course, reminds me of Romania. I wanted to take a short break from requests to write a couple Romania x Readers, since he’s one of my favorite characters & he doesn’t get enough love ;-; I might do a Halloween-themed Romania x Reader next. Like, after Russia’s chapter :3 Also… this is a songfic to ‘Numa Numa’, the English version, since the song was originally sang in Romanian. :)

In an enormous garden behind an elaborate mansion, two children explored their surroundings. One of which was the daughter of a noble family, by the name of _____.

“Look Vladdy, these roses are white!” You exclaimed, happy and cheerful as the six-year-old that you were at the time.

His crimson eyes widened in amazement, “Oh, so cool! They make me want to paint them!” He was only seven at the moment, but he could appreciate true beauty.

“Paint them? Why would you want to do that?” You’d asked.

To which he smiled, “So a rose could be my canvas. That’d be so neat~!”

“Oh… you’re right,” You’d nodded, “That would be!”

The small Romanian child turned to you, “Hey, I’ll paint a rose someday. And it’ll be a present from me to you~” He’d sang giddily.

You’d always remembered Vladimir as an extraordinary painter and your very best friend. Growing up, you’d often called him your ‘Picasso’. Vlad was an artist along with a love of all things magic. You were from a noble family; he was a commoner. Even with the noticeable differences in social status, your parents sometimes allowed him to visit you.

“When we grow up, I’m gonna marry you!” He’d often said, grinning with the visible gaps in his teeth that made him to appear to bear fangs.

“…Okay!” You’d always agreed.

As children, you’d always spoke of traveling the world together. You secretly despised your palace lifestyle; he disliked remaining in one town his entire life. “We could run away together!” He’d said. And it wouldn’t be the first time that he would.

One day while sitting in the same garden, he’d told you, “I want to paint a scenery from every country there is! And become a magician, and make people smile, and create magic paint, and go to every big city in Europe, and…”

Almost daily, you shared dreams with him, with only the innocence of the children that you were.

Even with dreams of traveling, you both loved your country—Romania. Some days, you would go with Vlad to a ‘secret base’ that he only shared with you. It was an old abandoned witchcraft shop in the woods of Transylvania. The two of you played there all the time—it was also the place where you received your first kiss... “A kiss is something important, isn’t it? So I thought we could try it! What do you say?” He’d asked one evening, while sitting inside the base.

To which you’d agreed. “Alright, if you say so!” And there, inside that abandoned shop, you received your first kiss, at age six, from Vladimir. “…That was weird!” He’d admitted directly afterwards.